Magnets - Bucky x Reader

You loved to play with Bucky's arm. You knew he was anxious about the damage it could do, so you chose to create positive associations with it for him. Magnets were your favourite.

For starters, giving gifts was your love language so you would get so excited whenever you found a new magnet you thought he would like, particularly the time you found a magnet with him on for fans of the Avengers. He was very happy that day you could remember.

Second, you loved to write little messages on his arm for him using the word or letter magnets. You had a big bag and whenever he looked as though he would be sat still for a while, out the bag would come. It did great things for anxiety too, both his and yours. Interviews would always result in a new video online of you fiddling with magnets on his arm, and him kissing your forehead as he watched you with a soft smile.

The other avengers found you absolutely adorable and would constantly tease the pair of you, but they would always make sure to bring back a little magnet when they went shopping, meaning your supply was plentiful.

Bucky loved it, making sure to sit as still as possible so you could decorate his arm and then wrapping you in a hug as soon as you had finished, or continuing his conversations while watching you out the corner of his eye, soothed by your presence.

Bucky's love language was quality time, simply because he felt he missed so much with his family before Hydra, so he was quite happy to wait patiently and enjoy the peace, the only sound being your light humming as you focused.

So the magnets worked perfectly for the pair of you. Especially once Bucky bought a small whiteboard for your room and you began leaving little messages for each other when one of you left for a mission before the other awoke.

God were the pair of you in love.