What. The. Fuck.

Tanjirou Kamado, a bright-eyed 16-year-old, grew up in a slow-paced town right on the coastline. The blazing heat gave him sun-kissed skin adorned with light freckles, and it bleached the ends of his dark reddish hair a lighter hue. His eyes also obtain a dark red color that matches an oddly shaped burn scar that takes up about half his forehead.

His family home was right on the beach, so the view was always amazing. The weather was always hot, and the waves were always prime for surfing.

He works at a little ice cream shop right on the sand called Urokodaki's. He was great with people, and the customers loved his gentle attitude and kind eyes. He always made excellent tips during his shifts.

Tanjirou also liked the fact that his best friend since middle school, Zenitsu Agatsuma, lived next door to him.

Zenitsu was an odd guy with his constant bouts of crying and trying to woo every woman in a 20-mile radius, but Tanjirou still loved him.

He had blonde hair that framed his face and faded to a soft orange toward the ends (Zenitsu told him it's because he was struck by lighting. Insane, right?). His eyes were the color of thick honey once it crystallized; they never failed to make Tanjirou hungry. He was also surprisingly pale for living in such a hot climate, but maybe that was a side effect from the lightning, like his hair and the Lichtenberg scars on his back.

But what Tanjirou loved most of all was when temperatures hit the 90's, and he and Zenitsu could cruise down the backroads on the last day of school in the blonde's yellow convertible.

It was a 1967 Ford Mustang, and it was a gift from his gramps after getting his license when he was 16. The paint was pale from years of exposure to the elements, and it was prone to not starting if the key wasn't turned to a specific angle, but the friends considered it their child, especially with how much work Tanjirou had helped Zenitsu with fixing it up.

Tanjirou stands up in the passenger seat, holding onto the windshield tightly as he lets out an excited yell before flopping back down into his seat. "We get to do whatever we want now, Zenitsu."

A hazy love-struck expression overtakes the older boy's face as he daydreams. "You're right, Tanjirou. I have all summer to make sweet Nezuko-Chan fall in love with me."

Tanjirou rolls his eyes as he smacks Zenitsu, mumbling, "Gross."

Zenitsu has had a massive crush on Tanjirou's sister since he first laid eyes on her. It made Tanjirou want to rip his eyelashes off one by one, so he didn't have to think about his little sister getting together with his best friend. It was utterly absurd to him.

Though Tanjirou also didn't fully understand the concept of falling in love. Sure he's had crushes on his classmates, but they were always fleeting as fast as they came. No one to him was quite that memorable. So he pushes aside notions of dating and decided to focus on his family and friends as well as himself.

He knows it'll happen when it happens, so why rush it?

The rest of the ride home consists of fast spoken words and exciting plans of how they're going to spend the next three months. Working at the ice cream shop, surfing—well, Tanjirou will be surfing while Zenitsu worries himself into thinking they're in the plot of soul surfer, late-night drives, and going to parties with their other friends.

All in all, they know this summer is going to be one to remember.

Now Tanjirou does love the heat, but sometimes it can be a bit unbearable. It was currently 103°F, and he's sweat through his work shirt after barely moving for the past four hours. He would have to talk to Urokodaki about making new shirts that aren't black and don't retain as much heat.