❄ RESTLESS | CRAZY ❄

Reviewed by: Crazy @LordsSwordBook Title: RestlessAuthor's Name: hay_bangtan

Book Title: Restless
Author's Name: hay_bangtan

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Title: 7/10

Your title gives a bold vibe in its simplicity, and it represents something important to your story, however, it seems to be a rather common choice. In addition, I do not think the vibe suits the genre of your story. Yes, the main genre of your story is 'fanfiction', but it could also fit the realistic fiction genre, and it is important to reflect that in your title/cover.

Tips:

Realistic fiction tends to have longer titles, so one possibility is to come up with a phrase that describes your character or story medium, or both, like Diary of a Wimpy Kid. You can go shorter too, if it's a vital part of your character, like Speak, but look up your desired title, and see if it's taken. If you get a bunch of books, pick a different title.

I would suggest taking a title from his alcoholism, since that seems to be what your main character struggles with the most. He's an insomniac too, I know, but we don't learn that until later on. The alcoholism we learn immediately, and it's the barrier between him and his love interest too.

Cover: 6/10

It's not bad, but it falls a little flat. It doesn't seem to draw the reader as well as it could.

Tips:

I think it would do better with a more dramatic color scheme, and maybe pose too. You might even want to go without the person altogether, and go for an object (perhaps a shot glass) against a white background. I would advise against an object though, since your story is a fanfiction. The characters are the draw, so using the person/people is good.

Blurb: 4/10

The actual blurb part is short, both in length and in drama. It needs spice!

Tips:

What you have is good for the start of a blurb. Your hooking statement.

After that, you need to describe your main character. Don't tell us everything, just where he starts.

Some points you should hit: he recently quit drinking; he can't find a sponsor; he recently committed a crime; and maybe vaguely mention that he has some sort of trauma related to sponsors.

After describing Yoongi, I would advise vaguely mentioning what changes ― which is Yoongi getting a sponsor ― and then stating the stakes. In this case, that's probably jail time.

Here's why that's the formula I'm suggesting. By starting with a hooking statement, which you already have, you grab the reader's interest. The goal is to make them go 'woah'.