Ch 6. Ugly cockroach with wings

Scanning the clock in her room Caroline realised that she had spent slightly too much time in flashbacks

Scanning the clock in her room Caroline realised that she had spent slightly too much time in flashbacks. She needed to get up and get going. But first, she needed to clean up the mess in her room (It was filled with shattered glass pieces) And then take a long relaxing shower and finally bandage up the horrible-looking wound on her neck. She will have to find a way to cover it up. She has an enormous amount of scarves in her closet but she wasn't going to wear one when it was 38 degrees outside. She had cheer practice and no way she was going to wear one as it would keep getting in the way of her cheer routine and she didn't want to deal with that today. So she was just going to tell that she had an accident in the kitchen to anyone who asked (That would definitely get Stefan suspicious but who cares).

Quickly Caroline grabbed her phone from the side table where it was charging the whole time, to check if she had any messages. It was a wonder that her phone didn't even move an inch from its place after the morning brawl that took place. She had some messages and a few voice notes from Jess and JJ. Going through the voice messages it was clear to her that her friends were very drunk last night. Good for them at least somebody was having fun unlike her. But to be honest the first part of her night was fun (so fun) before Damon had to bite her and ruin it.

Caroline was stunned to see that she even had a message from her mom but then was disappointed because it was just her mother informing her that she couldn't attend the game on Friday because she had to work.

Caroline was so excited for her mom to come and see her do the back extended roll that she practice so hard to perfect. They were even going to get dinner after (cause they haven't had dinner or even lunch together for like a year now) but looks like that was cancelled as well. Another day, another disappointment from her parents.

Caroline immediately replied to Alexis and Liam's good morning text (even though it was afternoon by now) and to Bonnie's Where are you??? text. She noted that she had a miss call from Sam and decided to call her after taking a shower.

Rapidly going through the rest of her messages and to-do list, she placed her phone back on the table and got to cleaning her room.

◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼

Getting out of the steaming shower, Caroline hastily draped the towel around her while directly moving to her cupboard. Deciding on a matching pair of crop tops and shorts with a pineapple print on them along with a mint sweatshirt to wear over it, she shut her closet.

After changing into her outfit, she moved to the side table and picked up her phone dialling Samantha's number. As the call was ringing she put it on the loudspeaker and placed it beside her on the bed as she sat down to put on her shoes.

After the fifth ring, Sam picked up.

"Hey, Care Bear", she heard Sam say.