𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 2

Requested by: jjistheloml

JJ POV

I had feelings for my best friend. I wasn't gonna lie. We had been best friends for as long as I could remember. She was sweet and kind well at least most of the time until I pissed her off. We'd had our ups and downs but we always came back to each other.  And just a few years ago I catch myself getting butterflies every time she walked into a room. I tried to push away my feeling cause I knew she didn't feel the same but it got harder and harder as the years went by and just when I was about to make my move she told me she's was going on a date.  With Rafe Fucking Cameron.

Luckily for me and unfortunately for her, it didn't go well. He tried to push her into sleeping with him. That disgusted me and made me want to kill him for touching her.

I told her that I would take her on a real date to make up for what Rafe did. It was just gonna be a friendly date of us hanging out like we don't do that every day.

But anyway here I was now tying our surfboard to the top of the van. I decided to take Y/n surfing while the sun went down. She loved to surf and she loved sunset so why not combine them?

After tying down the boards, I hopped in the driver seat and started the engine before turning up the radio. Y/n flipped through the stations until she found one that was playing a One Direction song. The boy band she was in love with.

As we were driving down a backroad, she started to sing all the words to the song that was playing. Smiling a goofy, grin I turned the song up making her smile at me. Goddammit her smile was so beautiful.

My eyes flickered back to the road making sure I wasn't gonna crash before looking back at her. She wasn't wearing anything fancy like the other night. She was wearing a pair of black denim shorts with a white bikini top. Half of her hair was pulled back in a white and black bandana as the wind coursed through the open window and blew it back, bracelets covered her wrists, a pair of my sunglasses covered her eyes, and her lips moved in perfect syncs with the words to the One Direction song that was playing. I honestly like her better the way she was instead of all dressed up like a Kook. My eyes trailed down landing on the purple marks on her neck that Rafe had put there. I hated him. Next time I saw him I was gonna beat the living shit out of him.

Once we finally got to the beach, I pulled off my tank top and threw it in the back of the van so I didn't have to worry about it later and Y/n took off her shorts and bandana before jumping out of the van and I followed behind her.

I got our boards down and we ran down to the water, racing each other to see who could surf the first wave. I paddled out into the water as fast as I could with Y/n right on my tail. I saw a perfect wave and I paddled harder, desperate to beat her.

Just as I hopped up on my board getting ready to surf the wave perfectly when Y/n swooped in front of me, spraying me with water as she passed making me fall off my board and into the salty water. I kicked my feet, pushing myself back up to the surface. I heard her laughing as I pushed back my wet hair and rubbed my eyes.

I grabbed my surfboard and hoisted myself up on it before looking over at Y/n who was laughing her head off.

"Okay, it's not that funny" I rolled my eyes at the immature girl.

"Oh yes, it was. You totally wiped out" she chuckled as I flipped her off.

We surfed what seemed a million waves. Some of them we wiped out on and we would both laugh. My body was sore and aching from all the wipe outs and twists and turns. I was exhausted but that didn't stop me from having a good time.

Once the sun started going down, we both sat on our board side by side, riding above the waves as we admired the sky that was painted an orangish pink. It was lovely.

I looked over at the girl beside me. She was perfect. She sat calmly on her board, her legs dipping down into the water as her eyes stayed glued to the sky while wet hair strays hung around her face. I got butterflies in my stomach just by looking at her. How bad I wanted to kiss her right now. To just feel her lips on mine.

I didn't know how to tell her I like her. What if she didn't feel the same? I couldn't take rejection like that and it would just be awkward cause she was my best friend. Fuck, I couldn't hide my feelings anymore.

"I can't keep fucking doing this" I blurted out making her snap her attention to me.

"What?"

"I'm in love with you, Y/n. I kept trying to push my feelings away cause I know you don't feel the same and it will never happen but I just needed to get it off my chest" I sighed, running my fingers through my dampnhair before continuing with my long speech. "Fuck, I love you. I love your laugh and your smile. I love the way you surf way better than I ever could, shit, I even love when you sing at the top of your lungs making my ears bleed. And I'm sorry, I probably just made things awkward"

She stared at me blankly for a few seconds and I knew I screw up bad. I was done for and there was no taking it back now.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry I didn't mean—" I was cut off by her, leaning over and pressing her lips to mine.

I was surprised at first but I eased up, kissing her back, passionately. Her lips tasted sweet like candy with a hint of salt from the ocean water. Kissing her was better than I imagine. My hands wandered down her body, landing on her waist. I hoisted her up and sat her down on my board so I could kiss her better. Her soft hands rested on my shoulders, rubbing them back and forth before wrapping around the back of my neck.

She pulled away and rested her forehead against mine, staring into my eyes as our noses touched.

"I'm in love with you too, Jay. I was just too blind to see it" she announced making me grin before kissing her lips again.

A/n:
Slightly edited

Word count: 1176