12 - epilogue

mark :)
hello ma'am

plz come over i'm
lonely

bell :)
on the way
senor

"dad!" bell called out, bounding down her stairs. "i'm going to mark's!"

she didn't hear words of protest, so she quickly swung the door open and made her way down the sidewalk. upon reaching his front door, she knocked quietly.

a few moments passed before mark was standing in front of her.

a large grin spread over his face. "hi."

she poked at him, making him chuckle. "hi there."

"uh, come in! come in." he ushered her inside and led her up the stairs.

"hi bell!" she heard his mother and father call from the kitchen.

"hello!" she waved a bit before following mark again.

-+-

they walked into his room and laid down on his bed, both grunting upon impact. mark scooted closer to her and wrapped his arms around her torso, pulling her into him. a warm feeling sprouted in her chest as she buried her face in his shirt.

he rested his chin on her head and took a deep breath. the scent of her shampoo filled his senses, to which he hummed in pleasure. he shut his eyes, smiled and—

"ow!" he yelped, pulling away from bell and looking down at her. "did you just- did you just bite me?"

she giggled, cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "..maybe."

"that hurt! i'm in so much pain." he whined.

"oh, that did not hurt. i didn't even bite that hard."

"why did you bite me in the first place?" he quizzed, poking her cheek.

"'cause."

"'cause why?"

"'cause i like you, asshat. it's called a love language." she rolled her eyes dramatically, a smile taking over her face.

"oh." he pursed his lips and grabbed her hand, bringing it to his lips.

she watched intently as he placed a small kiss on her knuckles, and she laughed when he bit down lightly on her finger.

"good job, you're getting the hang of it!" she teased, to which he rolled his eyes and held her tighter.

"do you wanna go to the beach later?" mark whispered into her hair.

"yes, please. we can watch the sunset." the girl hummed, tangling her legs with mark's.

"you're so sappy."

"only for you."

-+-

bell let her arm dangle out of the car window as they drove. blackbird by the beatles came to a close on the radio, so mark took it upon himself to play a song he thought bell would like. once stopped at a red light, he pulled out his phone and quickly found the tune on his playlist. in a few seconds, where'd all the time go? by dr. dog was playing over the speakers.