A Simple Wish...

I have always loved writing. Ever since I was a young child it has been my dream to become a writer, one whose work is loved and enjoyed by many people in different parts of the world. English writing has always been one of my best skills, one of few things I take great pride in. 

As silly as it sounds, one of the things I enjoy most is sipping on a cold brew coffee with my window open as I write my stories. This may be the stereotype many people have for us writers, which makes the fact that it's true for me quite amusing. 

I love Tim Hortons' drinks, especially their new cold brew coffee. The feeling of the smooth texture of it going down my throat, mixed with the nice fresh coldness is soothing. It gives me much-needed energy to be able to focus on my writing for long periods of time as well. I am indeed your stereotypical coffee-loving writer, and I have no shame in that. I prefer cold coffee to warm coffee for reasons that are beyond me. Not only that, but caffeine helps me with migraines and headaches, something I have struggled with for the last few years.

One of the things I have always fantasized about doing was writing inside a Tim Hortons restaurant. My town had one built four years back and I went there once with my youth group in the evening and quite a few times with my mother. It's such a relaxing space despite its small size. The employees are friendly and the people who go inside to grab their food and coffee are always polite as well.

I bought a Chromebook last August with the hopes of being able to write inside a Tim Hortons with it someday. It's light, making it easy to put into a bag while I walk over to the place to grab a bite to eat and a cold brew coffee. The thought makes me feel a tingle of excitement. Due to the latest pandemic, I sadly have not gotten the chance to do this. But I vow to myself that I will get to someday.

One day, hopefully soon, I wish to sit at one of the tables inside Tim Hortons with their new cup of velvety cold brew coffee by my side as I type up a world of my own. That is a simple wish of mine, yet one I would enjoy immensely...