Ch. 2 New Family

The famous theme building and control tower of Los Angeles International Airport greeted Flare once the wheels of the plane hit the ground of the busiest and the second most populated airport area in US.

"Hello America.." Flare murmured. She still couldn't wrapped her head about the idea that she was finally back in America. The red headed girl looked around the spacious airport and definitely mesmerized by the beautiful scenery of Los Angeles international Airport also know as LAX. There stood still, an enticing colors from theme building glowing in the dark, the Marin del Rey in the fire ground and Palos Verde's peninsula, and a Multi-Storey parking structure were also built in the center of the airport.

People were scattered everywhere, some of them are patiently waiting for their departure while some are excited for their loved one to arrive and some stopped and stares for awhile to head turner Flare's captivating beauty.

Flare has so much things on her mind right now but on top of it she is wondering if moving with her father's new family is a good idea. She stopped when something caught her attention, there was this little girl who was crying hard and begged her father not leave.

A sad smile drew on her beautiful face by the sight. Flare could still remember the same situation and same place ten years ago, where she said goodbye to her father before going to London with her mother. Flare pulled out from her trance when she felt a vibration on her pocket, it was her phone. So she immediately pulled it out and answered the call.

"Flare?" Someone spoke from other line. "I'm here, where are you?"

Flare couldn't contained her excitement by the thought of seeing her father after a decade. A huge smiled crossed her face as she looked around. "I'm at terminal B dad,"

There was a loud sound from the other line, making Flare to slightly pulled her ear away from the phone. "That's right, I'm at terminal B,"

"Okay dad," Flare breath out. "I'm just waiting for my luggage,"

"I can't wait to see you," Derek said excitedly. He couldn't wait to see his long lost daughter after a ten painful years, though they never lost a communication but seeing Flare make his heart beats more faster.

Flare saw her luggage. "Wait dad, i will call you again." then she dropped the call and took her luggage.

Derek Jaw's fell hard on the concrete ground and almost didn't recognize the red headed girl standing cutely in front of him. Of course, he won't forget those familiar prominent green eyes which reminded him of someone Derek had fallen in love with, Amanda. Flare's beloved mother.

"Flare! " he gasped. "Flare Evans!"

Flare nodded her head shyly. "Yes dad, it's me." not wanting to waste any second. She jumped to hug her father and let all her emotions free like a bird as tears spilled out from her eyes. Flare had been waiting for this moment, she felt so alone when her mother died and seeing her father now comfort her heart and soul. "I have missed you,"

"Oh my god Flare! " Derrek cried, hugging his daughter tightly. "I nearly can't recognize you because you have changed a lot," they pulled away to each other, wiping their tears away. "You are so beautiful, you look so much of your mother when i first met her," Derek was utterly shock, he knew Flare have changed from being chubby little girl to a typical teenager. But he never expected Flare to be this so beautiful and goddess like persona. "I have missed you too baby girl."

"Dad," Flare chuckled. "I'm not a baby anymore,"

Derek longingly tucked his daughter's red hair behind her ears. "I'm sorry about your mom, " there was sadness in his eyes. "She is at peace now, where no pain and illness,"