Before You Read.

Here are some stuff to point out.
1 This does not take place in the Smash bros Universe.
2 This is just a story.
3 I am aware of there are some none Nintendo characters are here.
4 I do not own any of these people, they all belong to their right ful owners.
5 This is for people who knows Nintendo stuff.
This a RPG game and let me tell you the rules. You play as 8 Characters and that is Mario, Sonic, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Samus, Nate and Blue Inkling ( Whisper is here but he only follow you, but he shows you your next destination). When your traveling you play as one but you can switch to another character. When Battling there are some options and that is Fight, Item, Switch, Run and Support.
Fight is when you pick your move to attack. Each character has 4 movesets and have Power Points.
Item is When you pick an item to Heal or Revive your member, but it will cost a Turn.
Switch is when you Tag the member behind you, but it will cost a turn.
Run is when you don't feel like fighting and you run. Note that you can't run from Boss Battles.
Support is when you summon other characters to help you in battle. There are 3 types of Support Characters. They're Attack, Enhanced and Disrupt.
Attack Support attacks enemies.
Enhance Support Raise your Stats or Heals your HP.
Disrupt Support Lowers Enemies Stats.
There's a Meter gauge when attacking. When the Meter is full, They release their Ultimate Move, but they're quick time Events and if used too soon or too late, then they won't do more damage.
Here's The Whole Map of Nintendo World. It's based off the Light Realm from World of Light.

The Main Characters have different Abilities in Battle and Over World

Mario is the Neutral Man, His Moveset is Fire Punch, Fireball, Cape and Tornado. His Ability is Blaze, His Fire power increase when in lower HP. His Strong Move is called Flamethrower, He released a blast of Fire.
Sonic is The Fastest, His Speed can get you places faster. His moveset is Spin Dash, Spin Punch, Twirl Kick and Homing Attack. His Ability is Gotta Go Fast, His Speed increases when Low HP. His Ultimate move is called Super Sonic, He turns into Super Sonic and Hits all Enemies.
Pikachu can Electric Orbs to Access some places. His Moveset is ThunderShock, Quick Attack, Slam and Electro web. His Ability is Static, Enemies get paralyzed when making contact with him. His Ultimate move is called 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt, He Summon colors of the Rainbow thunderbolt and hits one Enemy.
Link can Cut down Trees and Plants. His Moveset is Sword Attack, Arrows, Bomb and Boomerang. His Ability is called Shield, He's immune to Special attacks. His Ultimate move is called Triforce, He Attacks one Enemy with the Triforce of Courage and attack with his Sword.
Kirby can jump 4 times and he can inhale Weaker Enemies. His Moveset is Vaccum, Hammer Flip, Kicking and Ice Breath. His Ability is called Drained, when inhaling a enemy he heals a little HP. His Ultimate move is called Ultra Sword, He swings his giant sword that hits one Enemy.
Samus is Slow, but she can Push Boulders and break through Walls. Her Moveset is Charge Shot, Somersault, Plasma Whip and Missiles. Her Ability is called Armor Down, When HP are low, her Suit breaks off and she becomes more Faster, but less tougher, When Her HP is Back up, Her Suit is Fixed. Her Ultimate move is called Lazer, She Fire a giant Lazer around.
Nate can used his Watch to revealed invisible stuff. His Moveset is Blaster, Wooden Bat, Enma Sword and Watch Attack. His Ability is called Emergency Exit, When his HP is low, He Quickly switches to a random member in the back and Heals a little HP. His Ultimate move is called Tribal Finish, He summons each tribe of Yokai, Jibanyan, Hovernyan, Arachnus, Toadul Dude, Kyubi, Venoct, Happier and Usapyon and too release their attacks everywhere.
Blue Inkling turned into his Squid form and Squeeze into small tight spaces. His Moveset is Splatter, Paint Brush, Roller and Splat bomb. His Ability is Ink Power, His Ink moves increase when HP is low. His Ultimate move is called Kraken Attack, He turns into a Cracken and attacks around.
Most Location have A bunch of Enemies Big and small and In different types of levels, if you beat a enemy, all the members will be rewarded with money and exp. The Higher the level of Enemy, The more rewards you'll get. If your Member level up, you'll get to pick which stat to bonus up, The move will be upgraded to a strong move every 5th level and In certain levels, you'll rank up from E to S. The Maximum level is 60. You'll be access to place quick if you rank up. If one of your members is fainted, the member in the back will appear to take place. If all your members are defeated, it's Game over and you'll get a picture of the Nintendo Squad beaten up.
Bosses are the strongest enemies in the Game. They have a lot of HP and if it half, They Enter fury mode and their attacks become stronger and beating them will be more rewarding. If you lose to a boss, you'll get a specific game over picture of a bad thing happened to the Nintendo Squad. You'll have a choice to Try again, Go back where you last save to Train up or just Returned to the Main screen.
There's 3 types of Difficulty.
Easy is for newbies, the Enemies are less threatening.
Medium is for good experience people, The Enemies are a little Challenging.
Hard is for Very Experience people and the Enemies are Very threatening.
That's all the game information I'm giving you and without further or do, let's get on with the Story.