Chapter 36.

Over breakfast we were talking about the plans of today, and instantly at the thought of my sister my anxiety flares

Over breakfast we were talking about the plans of today, and instantly at the thought of my sister my anxiety flares. I love my sister, I'm just scared. It feels like it's been too long and that we're strangers almost.

I just hope that when we finally do see each other, nothing has changed, that we're just the Caleb and Sophie like we always were.

I don't want us to be strangers.

We're meeting at a coffee shop - one of our favourites that we used to go to all the time when we visited the coast - so Monica suggested food beforehand knowing that we did in fact skip lunch with yet another nap.

I'm slowly regretting letting her sleep in the car on the way here because it's been two days and neither of us have gotten to sleep at an appropriate time still, but I know it's our holiday and we can do as please, and early morning wake-ups can wait until we get back to Yale.

"I'm going to burn myself, take over, take over." Monica throws the tongs to the sand and I stare at her in shock. We're having are barbeque, and the tongs have no heat transmission at all, she's just... Monica.

"Dramatic ass." I tell her and she flips me off so proudly. I look down at the food we've prepared, as Monica tries to defend her actions as I just shake my head. "Okay, baby, these are almost done, can you grab me two plates for us, please?"

"Of course, anything else, sir?" She acts like I've been asking so much from her, it's only paper plates.

She walks into the house with a sway of her hips and I laugh to myself. I love her so much, for every moment we have, I love her.

Once I see her walking back, I start plating our food up for us. We're both having burgers and some chicken wings which I decided to drizzle hot sauce on.

"I'd really like to live here one day, it's beautiful." My girl speaks out to me as she looks over the ocean from where we're sitting on a small blanket on the sand. "The waters warmer here, maybe you could go surfing while you're here?"

"Well, I have my board with me, maybe I could teach you?" She doesn't look too sure on my question and I smile. "You wanna live here?"

"It's stunning, Caleb, look around, who wouldn't?" She sighs at the latter, "I wish we didn't have to go back, we only just got here and we're leaving so soon."

"Yale can't wait for us though, darling." I tell her the harsh truth. I want everything she wants, but it's way too early for that conversation.

She has three years left in college, even though I have one less than her, we're still tied to New Haven for three more years and I won't let anything mess that up, even if I so badly want to stay here with her and never go back.

I want some much with Monica in the future, and I want to tell her, but I can't rush it, I don't wanna mess anything up. She's my angel, there will never be one like her again, and if I lost her... well, I'd be a fool.