20. Small Things

Tyler greeted both Claire and Amelia with a sweet warm smile . They were like  his little sisters who he had grown up taking care of . They met every vacation when Ben and Avi went visiting Rose and her family . Tyler and David loved it there . They had their favourite people around . Rose , Amelia and Claire met almost daily even during the vacations and so they were very much familiar with the two brother figures of their lives . Both the boys always insisted to come here to meet their sisters and their brother , Christof .

Tyler hugged both tight . He had missed his two sisters all these years . Rose felt guilty, blaming herself to be the reason to separate them as she saw them laughing and catching up with each other . As they broke away from the hug Rose decided that it was now or never . She made eye contact with Tyler and nodded.

" I'm ready " she spoke up with determination.

Tyler's eyes widened as he stared bewildered at her . He saw it in her eyes . She was ready to rip off the bandage today and let her wounds from those three years to be exposed once again to the most important people of her life , to the girls who now stood confused again . He didn't need to reassure wether he heard it correct or not . He could see it in her eyes and he felt proud , extremely proud of his little angel. He nodded .

" So girls , get in the car . We will be going to my friend's apartment. That's where I'll be living for these two days ."

Rose was happy that he was staying, she wouldn't be able to get through tomorrow by herself ; but she didn't want to have another stranger seeing her break down her life story . Tyler sensed it .

" You won't be able to meet him . He is off to a trip with his girlfriend."

Rose sighed giving him a grateful look. They got in the car and drove off to the apartment. Rose expected her nerves to rise with each passing second but nothing happened. That's when she realised how deep Claire and Amelia had made their way into her life. She was not afraid of being judged or treated differently after telling this to them . She wasn't afraid of someone drifting apart from her because it was them , her besties, her strength. She smiled at the thought. They reached the decent yet comfortable apartment and settled down as Tyler brought in water for all .

Rose sat down with Tyler next to her and both the girls in front of her .

" I promised to tell you everything that day at the concert and you know I don't break promises ."

Their breath hitched . The moment was here ,the explanation was here for which they had waited impatiently for all those three years . They encouraged her to go forward with loud drumming heart and breath caught in their throats .

" Exactly three years ago today I was standing in my house packing my bag for our mini trip the next day to my uncles'. They had opened a new shop in collaboration with dad ." her voice faltered a bit but she continued.

" Tomorrow three years ago was supposed to be the day of inauguration to my dad's little dream . He always wanted a small shop of bakery where he could sit and sell sweet love to everyone. He used to say ' It is for the best . I'll fill everyone's life with sweet love and sneak a bit in my life too. ' " she chuckled lightly thinking of that day .

Christof was running around the house with her behind him. He wasn't giving her her favourite earphones. He wanted it for himself and she wasn't happy about it . That's when they banged into the small table at the far end of the wall and her mom's favourite vase broke down a chunk from the top . They looked horrified and immediately picked up the pieces . Rose bent down to fix it while Christof kept an eye out for their doom . In no time the vase was as good as new as they both stood admiring their master piece. Years of experience did help out a bit . They chuckled to themselves. Rose remembered all these little things about them. They might be insignificant to all ,but Rose . For her these little things were for her to treasure. Their smiles and frowns , their fights every small thing meant the world to her .