Chapter 60

"thanks for coming with me even though it's so early in the morning." you say as you throw your hands behind your head.

"anything for you sweetheart." kaminari winks, stuffing his hands in his pockets. you playfully roll your eyes as you two walk the sidewalks at five in the morning.

"why were you wandering around the dorms at five in the morning anyways?" you ask as you turn to kaminari. he just shrugs, wearing a goofy smile. "i don't know."

"how are your moves coming along?" you ask again, hoping to keep a conversation.

"i'm gonna have the best moves in the class! aw man i can't wait to get my support items!" kaminari says as his eyes light up.

you let out a soft laugh, looking forward again. "what are your moves?"

"you'll find out today my love." kaminari flirts again. you feel your heart skip a beat at that name. of course, you'd never tell kaminari because he'd get the wrong idea.

"how about you? i know for sure your moves are gonna be awesome!" kaminari says as his smile widens.

you slightly furrow your eyebrows as you look at him. "what do you mean?"

"oh come on! your quirk is so cool! you're always impressing everyone with your sick skills! honestly? i'm glad we share that bond of having similar quirks. makes me feel special that i'm that close with someone so cool." kaminari says.

you stay silent as you stare at kaminari who wears a huge smile on his face. "you really think of me like that? a cool person?"

"who doesn't? everyone thinks you're amazing! your quirk and your fighting style. i'm surprised you're not like bakugo with how much people boast about you." kaminari says with a snicker, thinking of the ash blond who's ego is bigger than his hair.

or his di-

"even though my lightning isn't a quirk? you guys don't like.. i don't know, think of me differently because i've been using a quirk that isn't technically mine?"

kaminari furrows his eyebrows and looks at you. "what? for an intelligence quirk, that was a really stupid sentence. no one thinks that. we still think you're the same y/n rai you've been this whole time, an sexy badass with an amazing quirk!"

your mouth slightly parts as you take in his words. you thought people would be hateful towards you because of the truth. you never thought you had people who thought you were 'cool' or your quirk was 'badass'.

truth or not, your class still loves who you are. a part of the reason you didn't want to accept the truth is because you didn't want any of your friends thinking differently of you.

but that's the complete opposite now. they think you're even cooler. even the person you shared a bond with because of your quirks still thinks you're the most badass person he knows. you were wary of kaminari mostly because what you two had. you thought he wouldn't like it if he shared something like that with someone who's real quirk isn't even what they shared.

but that's not how kaminari thinks at all. he doesn't think you're a fake. he still thinks you're amazing. of course he wouldn't think how you do. why you didn't think of that? you don't know but hearing it straight from him makes you feel better about yourself.