Chapter 4

I woke up to the sound of the van starting, Luke's fingers were still intertwined with mine. I felt save and secure with him near.

I don't regret running away now, I found him, I found my safe place.

"Luke?" I say

"What" he moans.

"Get up!" I scream.

"But I don't want to" he pulses me close to him.

"We have to get in the seats at least" I try to get back up.

"Oi! You two in the back, put your seat belts on" Ashton yells.

"Okay I am getting up!" Luke yells.

We both get up and move to the seats beside Calum and Michael.

"Skylar?" Michael stares at me.

"Michael?" I say sarcastically back.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a slice of pizza?" He says with all seriousness.

"You're an idiot" I punch his arm playfully.

The rest of the trip we sang to anything that came on the radio from Taylor Swift to Green day. I liked to road trip. It was fun. I like the way you can just sit back and enjoy the time with people you care about. I like the way you can relax.

"Ashton how long to we get there?" Calum complains.

"Next person who ask me that gets kicked off" Ashton laughs.

"Guys thank you for doing this for me" I say trying not to cry, but I do anyway.

"It's okay, don't cry baby, we are all here for you and we all love you"

Luke puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead.

"Yeah, Skylar you know what? Before you we were just 4 idiots now with you, we are 4 idiots with a pretty girl" Calum says giving me a look of sympathy.

I laugh so hard I snort again. It was good knowing I have people that care about me. My fears faded into my skin no just leaving my eyes dry.

We stopped in a small town that I didn't even know about.

"Move I need to pee!" Michael shouts pushing me nearly out the door.

"Just pee yourself" I scream back, he flips me the bird.

Luke went to go get some food and Calum went to the bathroom with Michael. Ashton and I were stayed in the car.

"You know Skylar, I have never seen Luke this happy before. You have changed his mood" He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't think I have been this happy before" I stare into Ashton's eyes.

"I don't think you know the amount of control you have on him. You have changed everyone of us, for the better of course. And what ever happens, we're here for you" he pulls me in for a hug.

I have never seen this side of Ashton and I like it.

" I got you some lemonade and a packet of Doritos!" Luke comes in all excited.

"Thank you" I get up and kiss him.

"So Cal and Mikey aren't back yet?" Luke gives me a strange look.

"I'll go get them" I walk out of the van.

What have I gotten myself into? This is a men's bathroom, I stop outside the door, I heard whispers but then the whispers turned to talking.