Just Another Day in the Life

Chapter One:

Just Another Day in the Life

The coldness made my throat cheer, and my teeth whine. I haven't had a drink in a day or two, and right when I heard I could die in a couple of days I took the drink.

A deep breath came out of my mouth as I made it to the seven-eleven, I didn't have a good job but I had one. I was fifty so no one cared about my well being or what job I had.

I didn't mind, it was just another day in my life, another passing day, each day closer to the day I die.

I walked in the old seven-eleven, the ringing of the door filled my ears.

"Hey kid!" My boss yelled, from the back of this crappy place. "You know I'm older than you." My voice huffed out.

His laughed echoed throughout the small store. I walked up to the slurpee machine, I grabbed the biggest cup I could find because you know yolo. Isn't that what those little Turds say? Is that even still 'in'?

"Hey John, is yolo still in?" I screamed, filling the cup with the poison. "Man how the heck would I know? I'm thirty, not seventeen." He chuckled, I rolled my eyes and made my way up the from where I worked every day, to be a cashier.

"Whatever man." I mumbled, drinking out of my slurpee. "You know what? You are going to get fat from drinking that everyday." He laughed, while putting the open sign up.

I scoffed, "I'm at least one hundred pounds lighter than you."

His face showed hurt for a couple of seconds then changed to a happy smile.

"I'm just saying Lou." He smiled, I swear this guy does drugs. "Don't call me Lou." I grumbled.

"Okay, but someone here," He smiled like he actually invested in a good company. "Bye Lou." Then he skipped out of the store.

Defiantly drugs.

"DO NOT CALL ME LOU!" I yelled, all though he didn't hear me. I rolled my eyes and slurped some more.

After hours of nothing happening just kids giving me ten dollars then leaving. Something happened, that made my heart leap.

"I'd like these please." I soft voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

The voice was sweet like sugar, I wanted to hear more. This was WEIRD for a fifty year old, but the voice brought me some joy I haven't felt in years.

"Lou?" My face slowly looked up, only one person calls me Lou and that was lily.

-

Just a intro but I hope you enjoyed!