Five (Short Chapter)

Dinah laughs as Princeton dragged her to his group of friends, "Guys! This is my sister fine ass fiancé! DJ, this is Prodigy, aka Craig, Ray Ray aka Rayan, Roc aka Santo aka Chresanto!" He introduces making Dinah laugh, "Wassup." She greeted, trying not to laugh harder at the way Princeton's friends were literally drooling over her. Princeton giggles, "I know, right! She's so fine!" He exclaims making Dinah shake her head as Normani walked up to them making Santo grin, "Wassapnin, Normani." He greets, fist bumping the older woman, "Nothin much, Santo." Normani says, doing her handshake with Prodigy and Ray Ray.

Normani kisses Dinah's lips making Princeton's group jaws slack, "Hey, baby." She says making Dinah blush and shoo her off, "That was hot." Prodigy mutters as the two walked off. Princeton shrugs, "I guess." He says, not at all phased by two girls kissing. His friends wondered why, he used to pass out at shit like that when they were younger.

Dinah avoided eye contact with Derek as she talked to Normani, whom she hadn't seen since yesterday evening, "Were you okay last night, Deej?" Normani asks. Dinah hums and nods, "Yeah. I just talked with Ally on a new case I have." She says, pulling out her computer and turning it on. A picture of when Normani and Dinah first became friends in college popped up for the Lock Screen making Normani smile. After Dinah typed in her password, she pulled up the email Ally sent her, "So, this is Lauren and Camila Jauregui. They been through hell and back and I'm their new case worker. Their old one was horrible so, Ally put them with me and I'm trying to find anyone suitable with a license and a stable home to house these girls, but so far, nothing and the sad part is they're still at their old home until they either get an emergency placement or get someone to adopt them as there are really no signs of neglect, just random accusations from doctors that use to work at the hospital." She rants.

Normani nodded her head, "If anyone can give them a home, you can." She says. Dinah felt as if their was a double meaning to that, but she didn't think too much of it so, she just nodded. Andrea walks over to the girls and gives them big hugs, "So, as you know, today is Prince's birthday. How about we throw him a good old fashioned party? You're quite fond of him, Dinah. So, you'll help with the food-" Normani cuts her mom off, "NO!" She says quickly making Dinah glare at her, "I'm not that bad of a cook, Mani!" She exclaims.

Normani rolls her eyes, "Come to me when you don't burn down the house trying to cook WATER." She says. Dinah huffs, "That was a one time thing, asshole." She mutters. Andrea laughs, "From my assumption, Normani proposed to you. You can learn a thing or two from me, Dinah. Come now." She says, dragging Dinah off. Normani smiles softly, loving that Dinah and her mother were already forming a strong bond. Prodigy jumps on Normani's back making her stumble, "Come on, Mani! Hang out with us a bit, we haven't seen you in a while!" He exclaims making Normani laugh, "Already, Craig. Hold on, I'm about to go out these boxes up." She says making him nod and jump off of her back.

On the way to put the box on the table, the home phone rings, "Mani, baby! Can you get the phone?" Andrea calls out. Normani nods, "Sure thing, mama!" She says, balancing the box on her hip and picking up the phone, "Hello?" Normani answers, "Ou shit, you must be Normani! Your dad talks about you and your fiancé all the time!" The voice exclaims. Normani's heart fluttered. Her dad was really coming around, "U-Um, really?" Normani squeaked out, not really believing it. Dinah walked up to her, "Who's that?" She mouths making Normani shrug, "Yeah! All the time, talking about how much of a great guy he is!"

Normani froze, "Come again?" She asks. Dinah's eyebrows furrowed. Normani only made that face when someone said something she didn't believe or when they said something that pissed her off.

Sometimes it's in between.

"Yeah, said that he plays football, went to college, very charming-" Normani knew exactly who he was describing and blacked out.