One step forward ,Three steps back

*knock knock*

"Come in," I yelled. The door opened and my face turned cold immediately. "Oh" I was hoping it was Hermione but instead it was Ron.

"Do you need something?" I looked him up and down.

"Umm... can we talk about you know..us."

"There's no us anymore." i didn't know what to think anymore, there's something he's not telling me, he slept with her but the only reason he was with her was because she made him but now i'm starting to think he wanted to be with her.

"I didn't do anything wrong, we were broken up. Can't we get past it and pretend it didn't happen?"
I pretend to think of a second then spoke. "Wasn't you the one that pulled me away from the boy at the party because you were jealous. You had no reason to be jealous because I didn't do anything wrong, we were broken up, remember?"

"Not the same thing." he gritted his teeth.
"Yes you're right. Let me get on the same level as you. I fucked draco."

"No you didn't." his face turned red out of anger.

"You're right I did but you see how angry you get, that's how i feel." I crossed my arms.

"BREAKFAST IS READY" Fred yelled down the stairs. I bump Ron's shoulder when I passed him. I made my way down the stairs to the breakfast table and sat down next to Ginny and hermione. Molly started passing the food down.

"You guys are going to be cleaning up the house today since christmas eve is tomorrow." Everybody groaned, we all hated cleaning up. This is going to take a long time.

"Why can't you just use magic." Fred said.

"No, because you guys are going the muggle way."

"We are not muggles though." George rolled his eyes.

"Well today you guys are going to be." Molly protested.

---

We started with our rooms first, since all of the girls room were cleaned we just helped out the boys. After we were done with the upstairs we started on the door stairs areas. We dusted the curtains and the ceiling.

"Guys, look what I found." All of us looked at Ginny to see what she was talking about. She pulled the blanket to reveal a pino.

"Do you think it works?" Fred asked.

"I don't know, only one way to find out." George said. "y/n you know how to play piano. Play us one of your songs."

"Guys i don-'' before i  could finish ginny grabbed my hand and pulled you onto the seat.

"It's not that good guys, I just started writing it." I warned them.

"Just sing." Harry rushed.

You got me fucked up in the head, boy

Never doubted myself so much

Like am I pretty? Am I fun, boy?

I hate that I gave you power over that kind of stuff

Everybody's eyes landed on Ron as I sang.

'Cause it's always one step forward and three steps back

I'm the love of your life until I make you mad

I stopped pressing on the keys and turned around, to face everybody. They all looked at me with wide eyes.

"You wrote that yourself?" George asked.

"Yea, it's not done yet." I shrugged.

"That was amazing." Ginny exclaimed.

"Yea y/n you really have talent." Hermione agreed.

"Do you have more songs like that one?" Fred asked.

"Yea, I just write them when I'm feeling sad about something." that "something" was Ron but they didn't need to know that.

"So Are all your songs about Ron?" Harry asked. Hermione slapped him in the back of his head. "What I just wanted to know."

Ron cleared his throat and looked at me. "Can we talk upstairs?"

"I guess." I don't know what he wants to talk about but he better make it quick. I followed him up the stairs into his room, he closed the door behind him.

"Did you really mean what you said in the song?"

"Yea, that was the whole point of writing it." I was annoyed. He looked at me like I had no idea what I was talking about. " The one step forward was when you told me what happened with H ailey and why you were with her, we got back together and we were happy. The 3 steps back was when I found out you slept with her, we went back to square one."

"Do I really have you fucked up in the head?" he asked with concern. I couldn't believe he was asking me this.

"Godric ronald." I tried not to cry. "Fucked up is an understatement, I want to hate you so bad but I can't. You've done so much damage and we haven't even been together for a year. I just wished you thought this through before I fell in love with you."I took the promise ring off my finger and put it in his hand.

"I can fix it, just let me fix it. I promise I can."

"Okay then fix it."