War Games

***Harm and Mac, after taking good advice from a friend, are happily married and still at J.A.G. Headquarters. Or they were until Harm was unexpectedly made XO of the Allegiance on a three month interim assignment which is still ongoing six months later while the Navy finds a permanent replacement.

The Allegiance is participating in a joint exercise between the USN and the RAN where Harm runs into some old friends and makes some new ones.

Retcon of Harm and Mac's NCIS:LA arc because that whole thing was stupid.***

Mac

Hey, Sailor.

Harm

Marine.

I miss you.

Mac

You too.

Harm

How's J.A.G?

Brigadier.

Mac

Harm, I'm your wife, you don't have to address me by rank.

Harm

Aren't I allowed to be proud of my wife?

I'm sorry I missed your ceremony. I really wanted to be there to pin those stars on your shoulders.

Mac

I'm sorry too. The Admiral stepped in for you.

You know, this isn't the first time you haven't been at my promotion ceremony since we met.

Harm

I promise to be at your next one.

I promise to be there to pin on your next set of stars.

It'll be poetic, the next one. You were a Major when we first met and I'll be there to make you a Major General.

Mac

How much longer is your little mid-life crisis going to go on for?

Harm

It's a temporary assignment, Mac.

And the XO hunt is dragging on.

Mac

They make me J.A.G. and you're in the middle of the pacific.

Harm

You think I wanted to be in the middle of the ocean when they made you J.A.G? It's only been 30 years coming.

This was supposed to be a three month tour  while they fill the position permanently. It's been six.

Mac

I know. It's the Navy I'm annoyed with, not you.

Also 6M, 2w, 3d, 9h, 42m, 13s

Harm

How do you do that?