VIII. Changes

Days are gone she's trapped in an island
A glimpse of hope in her ignites
Days are over when she hides in her shell
Slowly, carefully she's breaking out
Him who showed her the light
She who follows
Was it worth it? Was it right?
Who would know he's her knight?

Jieun felt her lips curled as she saw her notebook filled with ink while currently listening to the melody that suga made. Lately, it was easier for her to write lyrics without even going to the length of looking for some places to earn inspiration. Somehow her mind was more flexible than she thought.

"Thirsty?" Jieun looked up and saw jaehyun handing her a bottle of water. Feeling her throat dried she gladly accepts the item and drink a few.

"Mind if I sit ?" he asked as he signaled the empty space beside her on the floor. Her response was to move a bit as they both fit themselves in that one corner of the room.
Not minding much the busy people around , she resumed to play the melody for the nth time, her brows furrowed on concentration as she try to fill in the music with lines in her mind. Jaehyun looked at her with curiosity but decided not to interfer, not until he heard her sigh in frustration and removed the airpods.

"Guess you're having a hard time." Chugging down his own beverage, he tasted the satisfaction of drinking it cold. With confused look, jieun's gaze dropped to her side confirming it was her he's talking to.

"You know, writing lyrics.. it could be hard.." putting away the bottle. "I tried many times but I always end up stucked somewhere in between" he continued.

As a lyricist herself, jieun felt jaehyun's frustration. She knows how upsetting it is to write lyrics which you couldn't finish halfway. "It is at some point ".Pondering a little while to initiate conversation, jieun decided to talk more. "I heard you participated in composing your song. It was pretty good ,I listened to the final draft a while ago."she added.

Jaehyun chuckled "Wow, that was pretty reassuring to hear coming from you, besides I barely helped, zico did all the work as usual".

"But still you participated." Jieun insisted.

Scratching his head, jaehyun shyly smiled at her compliment "Well yeah you can say that, Thanks." 

"How about nancy's solo?" he asked in return.

"As you can see , I'm revising some lines. Nancy was not so fond of the first few ones"

"I see" jaehyun hesitated to say something. Nancy was purposedly making her suffer as usual but nobody dared to confront since she's an asset of the club.

They were having a few more conversation about the progress of their rehearsals when Nayeon rushed herself to join the two.

"Unnie!" she called out. "We're in trouble."

Her features alarmed both jaehyun and jieun. They exchanged looks of confusion as Nayeon settle herself down in front of them. She inhaled deep before spilling the news.

"The chairman of the club called Pres a while ago." pausing for a while, she observed their reaction. " They wanted the final draft today both for the band and the solo act."

Jieun's muscles relaxed, she thought it would be worse than the news itself. Lightly tapping nayeon's shoulder. "There's no need to worry for that, I'm almost done with the lyrics, the melody was already done by suga, nancy can record it after I revised some lines." she reassured.

"That's the problem unnie, nancy was nowhere to be found. We can't reach her phone." Nayeon explained.

"We can wait for her , the day's still long"