computer

⚠warning horror, contains sickening imagery. You've been warned uwu⚠

Getting out of bed I headed to my kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. I drank the coffee slowly, and read the news papers. The newspaper read something about sending more men to the moon. Honestly I think that's a waist of time, I thought and walked down to my computer room.

The room was filled with book cases filled to the brim with books, and action figures of a movie that I had a slight obsession for. In the middle of the room was a very old computer I had just purchased, there were wires left and right. Wires and cords hung from the sealing, and covered the ground.

I weaved through all the wires and got a chair. Moving wires and clutter out of the way I placed the chair down in the small space and sat in the chair. I turned on the computer for the first time and a big logo flashed on screen.

Code showered the screen as it turned on. Once it was fully on I got to a home screen, it was almost completely empty. Looking at it I saw a single file on the home screen, I tried to click it but it wouldn't open. After the fifth time trying the computer shut down completely.

Great it crashed. I thought getting up and walking out. I went to my living room and phoned an engineer, there weren't many people that specialized in computers since they were such a new thing. After an hour on the telephone I got someone to come over tomorrow.

I entertained myself as best I could walking around my house, listing to the radio, watching the television. I didn't have any friends and I didn't want to go out today.

When I went to turn off the television I saw a shadow in the screen. It looked like a man was standing behind me. Still keeping my composure I grabbed my second cup of coffee and splashed it all over where I thought the figure was. Surprisingly there was no one there, I mentally cursed myself and ran into the kitchen grabbed a wet towel.

I ran back into my living room, and tried to cleaned my now stained carpet. What the hell was that, I thought scrubbing the carpet to the best of my ability.

By now it was night but I was still thinking about that strange instance. I walked into my computer room before I went to bed, to check if anything happened to it. It sat there like normal. Everything looked like it was in place, except the screen. Reflecting off the screen was me, and the shadowy figure.

I turned around and punched the area as hard as I could. but there was nothing there. I stumbled and looked around the whole room, I was the only one in the room. I ran to my bedroom and tried my best to fall asleep.

When I woke the sun hadn't come up yet. I sat up and a painful headache spread through my whole head, I suddenly felt nauseous and ran to my bathroom. I hunched over the toilet dry heaving and gagging. Every time I thought I was going to throw up my headache got worse, I felt my heart pounding in my head.

I finally threw up, it came out in large, slimy chunks. When I opened my eyes the substance I threw up looked like an opaque white mucus, it had the consistency of thick soup, and chunks of it were sinking into the toilet. I quickly flushed the toilet, washed my hands and mouth, and got back in my bed.

Seconds after I got in bed I fell asleep.

I woke up in a cold sweat to the sound of knocking on my door. I put on a robe and quickly ran to the door. When I opened it there was a man standing there with a big smile. He held a suitcase full of tools.
"Nice to meet you Sir. I'm here to help with your computer problems." He said in a chipper voice
"H-hello come in" I stutter, nervous of all the mans energy.

I ushered him in and took him to my computer room.
"So what's the problem?"He asked smiling bigger.
I turned on the computer and showed him the file.
"this file is crashing my computer, do you think you could get it off?" I asked slightly angered.
"Not a problem! I'm going to have to ask you to leave." he said, and I left him to his devices.