1. "This is going to doom us"

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁

The cold sinks into his bones like little pins. Diana Torres-Walsh swallows her nausea and hugs herself, but Connor's coat she is wearing is not enough to quell the chill of wearing nothing else below the waist up. He couldn't keep the blouse, it was stained with blood...

Four students whispering in the woods. The leaves of the trees shaking and the distant noise of the festive college students is the only sound that accompanies their ragged breaths and frantic murmurs.

"Stop acting like a little bitch." Connor scolds Michaela and Diana returns to reality, this horrible reality where she is holding her own blood-soaked blouse.

It is happening again. Blood on his hands once more... No, he can't lose himself in those memories now. This time no one will come to help her. She needs to stay calm because this time she must save herself.

"Don't tell me how to feel!" Michaela responds to Connor, her voice has taken on a permanent hysterical tinge.

"Don't yell at my brother." Diana blurts out like on autopilot, but her usual annoyance for Michaela is overshadowed by fear, fear because everything she's worked for may end tonight because of a stupid mistake and, God, there's blood that it doesn't belong on her blouse.

Michaela turns to answer him, but fails to do so.

"Hey" Wes appears from the trees and Diana instinctively clings to the closest person, who turns out to be Laurel. Castillo doesn't scold her for that. "Sorry, it took a long time." Wes finishes apologizing.

"Where were you?" Laurel asks him.

"I came back for this," Wes responds, holding up the bloody trophy.

Diana hugs herself tighter. Her first instinct is to panic, but then she analyze it. This is good, take the murder weapon away, many cases have collapsed due to the absence of one. Including one where he was before...

Michaela doesn't seem to have the same opinion, because she orders shakily. "No, you... you must return that right now."

"Not so" Diana shakes her head, "Wes was... smart"

"He what?" Connor giggles incredulously, pacing almost in circles.

"Commonwealth V. Deloatche" mentions Laurel, supporting Diana. His voice sounds strangely firm and calm for the situation they are in, "a case the prosecution should have won but lost because there was no murder weapon"

Diana nods and her black hair falls in her face.

"So what do you suggest?" Connor asks softly, looking at his sister.

Laurel is the one who answers: "We clean it and put it back. Hide it in plain sight" after a pause, she adds firmly, "after burying the body.