Author's Note

Hiya pals

So, this one was on a very strict schedule to not be as ridiculously long as my other novels. Drum roll, please -

68,363 words.

This book is my love letter to werewolf books. And by love letter, I mean a letter of love. A wake up call, if you will. I was really young when I started reading werewolf books on Wattpad. It was mostly ironic - I liked to laugh at them. The abuse stories. I rolled my eyes. I didn't take them seriously.

But even with all of that, I think something from them crept into my psyche. Or, at least, reflected something in my psyche. Lately I've been thinking - why do we, largely a group of teenage girls, write and read so prolifically about female abuse? Controlling relationships? Submission?

What is it in our lives that keeps pushing that to romance? That keeps us teaching that as romance?

If you read this book and enjoyed it, awesome! That's what I was going for :p But I hope that it also makes you consider. For every single Sam scene, there is a werewolf book on Wattpad - that I have read - that inspired it. And in those books, "Sam" is not the bad guy.

I hope you think about it. I hope, if you're a young girl reading this, you really, really think about it. In real life, it's not werewolves. It's just your boyfriend; your dad; your brother; your girlfriend, your mother.

Please know that you're worth it. That the way they treat you is wrong. You are more than just a body. You're a person.

This is the number for the National Domestic Violence Hotline:

1-800-799-7233

Last, before we go, I want to recommend an absolutely FANTASTIC book called Whitechapel by paraplexis ! It's a fantastic read that reimagines Jack the Ripper in a way I'm straight up obsessed with. It's the first book I've ever had in my reading list and you should definitely check it out.

This will probably be the last werewolf book - or any book - that I write for at least a while. Thanks to everyone that's read my stories. Your support has been so important to me!

Stay safe out there, kiddos.  ✌️