The Subway Song

When we wanna call on the Subway home
Made me wanna die twenty feet below
Even when we're drunk we have nothing to say
So baby what's the point when I'm back in L.A.

I slumped over on a seat in the nearly empty subway just wanting to go home after a long day in the studio. But home isn't the apartment I had rented out for the next 5 months, it was with you or more specifically in your arms. I picked up my phone wanting to call you despite knowing there's no signal underground and subconsciously let out a small smile seeing the picture of us on my lock screen.

The moment I closed the door I made a beeline for the sofa before collapsing onto it, too tired to care about the consequences tomorrow morning. I wish I could go back to when we were lying on our backs on the grass next to the pool in silence after a party. Traveling down memory lane was the closest thing to experiencing it together again. Within a few minutes I had fallen asleep with a small smile as the memory playing through my head.

I'm breaking down, and you're not here now

My finger hovered over the call button for the millionth time, contemplating whether or not to press it. I knew that you were asleep but hearing your voice reassuring me was the only way I would be able to stop the sobs from shaking my body as tears continuously rolled down my cheeks. 3 more months.

Take me home, I feel homesick
I don't know, where I'm going
Too many faces, but none I know
And I'm alone on the Subway home
On the Subway home

I got off at another random stop trying to find something that reminds me of you. At this point I had gotten used to the ache in my chest from missing you. Despite being in the city the past 4 months I haven't gotten the chance to really explore. I struggled to push past the crowds to strangers on the subway, trying to get back to the apartment.

Where are you now?
. . .

I've seen the pictures and videos of you from our friends. I remember seeing that one girl who you seemed to get along with. Has it ever crossed your mind that dating her would be easier than staying with me? Does your mom still call you and ask if we're still together? I can feel her disapproving eyes burning a hole through the back of my head even from hundreds of miles away. Different thoughts and questions filled my mind as I scrolled through the pictures of us, letting a small sigh slip through my lips. One more day...

Take me home, I feel homesick

Word count: 454

LuciaPowellBH I did it.

Not edited