➥ Introduction

In the beginning of this month, I posted a rant I made on Tumblr and Instagram based on how I felt it was a bit ridiculous to why Illumination scrapped an idea they had for a character in Despicable Me 2 to basically making the character be bad from the intial good person he was going to be.

I posted some images there but since both Tumblr and Instagram have a limitation of 10 pictures only. Which yeah wattpad has it too but I think it be nicer to archive these pictures in a sort of book format which is why I chose Wattpad.

Now how did I find about this Illumination scrapped idea?

I remember watching behind the scenes of the DM 2 Blu ray I had because as an artist myself, I like looking on how characters and movies were made.

I see something interesting on how said character was going to help Gru instead making him hate the character.

So years later, I decided to revisit it that but strangely I didn't see it on the Blu ray disc I had. Maybe I confused it with something else or had a Mandela effect?

Thus I decided to search up storyboards of DM 2 and did find what I intially thought to be a false memory. Found other things along with it.

To which I begged the question:

Why did they scrap this idea?

Sadly I don't have the answer to that. I tried dming on of the storyboard artist but since they were last active on 2018, it was essentially a bit too late.

My Theory is that maybe they thought giving Margo a permanent partner wasn't a great idea because she was young. But at least making the character be her friend instead of a partner would've been a great idea than making the character "cheat" on her.

I say "cheat" because they didn't actually date but more of a simple crush she had on said Character but got heartbroken by them seeing how they truly are.

So on the next few chapters I will introduce this character and post the concept art and storyboards I found on them.

Stay tuned.