ᶠᵒʳᵍᵒᵗᵗᵉⁿ

"ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵉᵃʳᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘᵐᵒʳ ᵒᶠ ʸ/ⁿ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵃʳᵈᵉⁿ?"

"So why are you wearing a Kimono?"

You sat in the garden, a book in your hand that you would be lying if you said you were interested in but, you were hoping the girl in front of you would take a hint and realize that you were ignoring her.

It went silent for a moment, but just as you began to think she was giving up, the feeling of her poking your arm and pulling on the sleeves of your kimono made you realize that that wasn't happening.

"Were you a student here? When did you die?"

You huffed, glancing at the clock, only to mentally groan, seeing that her lunch period was far from over.

"Why won't you talk?" She asked poking, your cheek. "Are you mute?"

"ᴿᵘᵐᵒʳ ʰᵃˢ ⁱᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵃʳᵈᵉⁿ ᵃᵗ ᵉˣᵃᶜᵗˡʸ ⁿᵒᵒⁿ, ʸᵒᵘ ʷⁱˡˡ ˢᵉᵉ ᵃ ᵍⁱʳˡ ʷᵉᵃʳⁱⁿᵍ ᵃ ʳᵉᵈ ᴷⁱᵐᵒⁿᵒ ˢⁱᵗᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ. ᵀʰᵉ ʳᵘᵐᵒʳ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵖⁱᶜᵏ ᵃ ᶠˡᵒʷᵉʳ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵒᶠᶠᵉʳ ⁱᵗ ᵗᵒ ʰᵉʳ, ˢʰᵉ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵍʳᵃⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃ ʷⁱˢʰ, ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵉᵛᵉʳ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿ ᵗᵒ ʰᵉᵃʳ ʰᵉʳ ᵛᵒⁱᶜᵉ..."

"No, I'm not mute," you said, your annoyance getting the better of you ad to slapped her hand away and got up to leave. "I just-" A flash of grey caught the corner of your eye, making you realize your mistake.

"No, no, no, not again!" You shouted as the flowers around you began to die. You stood up, tripping over the end of your kimono as you tried to rush over to the girl.

"ᵀʰᵉ ᶠˡᵒʷᵉʳˢ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵇᵉᵍⁱⁿ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱᵉ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵒⁿᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃˢᵗ ᶠˡᵒʷᵉʳ ʷⁱᵗʰᵉʳˢ ᵃʷᵃʸ, ʸᵒᵘʳ ˢᵒᵘˡ ʷⁱˡˡ ʷⁱᵗʰᵉʳ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵍ ʷⁱᵗʰ ⁱᵗ..."

"I'm so sorry!" She let out a gasp as the last flower died, and you fell to your knees, watching as her face went pale and her eyes clouded over. She looked dead.
"Please, no..." You muttered, seeing your reflection in her eyes slowly begin to fade away. She stood there for a moment before slowly turning around heading back towards the building.

"Wait-" Just as you moved to rush after her, cold arms wrapping around you made you gasp.

"Ah, ah, ah, you know the rules."

Hanako chuckled as he watched the girl go back inside the school.
"Hm, such a shame, I was beginning to like that one. You just had to go and break the rules again, didn't you?" His voice held disappointment, but you knew better. This didn't affect him one bit.
"No..." You muttered. "I-I didn't-" His grip on you tightened.
"Yes, you did. This is your fault. You took her soul, along with all of the ones before her, and this will continue to happen until you accept that I'm the only one you need. Why talk to someone else when you have me?" You hung your head hopelessly, and Hanako smiled.

Sure, you were unhappy but at least you're with him.

'Hm,' Hanako thought to himself. 'I guess I am selfish.'

But at least he'll never be forgotten.