talking to the moon

requested by 

TW: depression, sad

background: you and vinnie are quite close friends and you both stay at the hype house with your other friends.

Y/N POV:

 it's 2am in the early morning. i sit there on the floor of the living room, of the hype house, my head buried in my hands, my eyes all puffy from crying. the image plays in my head over and over no matter how hard i try to get it out, it's glued into my mind. 

FLASHBACK:

'baby i''m back!' i say walking back into me and my boyfriend's (ryland) apartment, clutching the new present i brought for him. 'ryland?' i say, when i hear no reply. then i hear it. i hear moans, whimpers coming from our shared bedroom. my heart skips a beat as i gulp. 'maybe he's just masturbating?' i think to myself. i slowly walk to the bedroom about to open the door when i hear another moan. except this time it doesn't sound like him moaning... it's a woman. i burst open the door, to see my boyfriend of 7 months on top of another girl, blonde and skinny with her hair all messed up, as she lies their with her eyes closed, naked.

'you did it again' i croak, tears coming to my eyes, making both of them snap their heads in my direction.

'y/n i- it's not what it looks like' ryland starts 'i jus-'

'save it ryland, of course you'd want her, she blonde, she's skinny, she's prettier' i cry, dropping his present. 

'you look like a slut anyway' the blonde sneers 'no wonder he would rather fuck me and how he has been fucking me for months'

i stare at her. 'm-months' i whisper loud enough for them to hear 'ryland is this true?' i look back at him, waiting for him to answer. he just stands there, looking guilty.

'i'm done' i sob and with that i run out the house, mascara streaming down my face.

PRESENT- Y/N POV:

'what did i do wrong?'

'i'm such a failure'

'i could never be good enough' 

'i just wish i was never here'

'what did i do wrong?'

these thoughts hop around in my head, aching for an answer. i lift my head up and look around, not knowing what for. i'm surrounded by used tissues, which i used to wipe my teary eyes. there's nothing else, no one else. i'm alone in a dark place, and i can't get out. no one can help me. no one. i cry more and more, angry, confused, upset. i weep up to a point where i'm trying to catch my breath, my heart hurting, my body feeling heavy, my eyes drooping down with salty, hot tears.

'y/n?' i hear a small voice murmur, making me jump slightly. 'y/n?' the voice says again, this time sounding more near. a head pops out from the door way. there he is, with his curly hair, tall figure, and bubbly personality, my best friend vinnie. he takes one look at me and his whole face softens. 

'don't cry' he coos, comfortingly, taking a small step closer. it goes quiet for about 10 seconds.

'i failed' i very quietly croak, trying to wipe away my tears with the back of my hand. he doesn't say anything. he just runs to me, taking me in his big, muscular arms, rocking me back and forth, rubbing my back as i sob into his shoulder. 'i'm such a failure' i whimper

'no y/n you're not' he says, still embracing me. 'you're not'

'i'm so pathetic.. sitting on the floor crying like a loser' i stutter ignoring what he just said.

'don't ever say that... it's ok to feel like this y/n'

'why'd he do it?' i say plainly

'because he's an idiot y/n. he missed out on a great girl, with a perfect, loving personality'

'i'm anything but that'

'no y/n... you're the strongest women i know, don't doubt yourself'

'you're the only one who understands' i weep 'you're the only one who's there for me'

'i'll be here till the end.'

i smile up at him receiving a smile back. he caresses my cheek, softly, wiping away my tears. then, he stands up, me still in his arms and he carefully places me on the sofa.

'wait here' he says, before walking into the kitchen. about five seconds later, he returns, with water. 'drink this' he speaks, handing me the glass. i take the water from him and slowly gulp it down. for some reason i already feel better. not just because of the water, but because vinnie's here. i put the glass down on the side table. vinnie smiles, and rubs my head, looking relieved. 

'come on' he puts his hand out. 'i wanna teach you a dance'

i grab his hand, watching as he places my right hand on his shoulder and takes a hold of my left hand. he slowly sways me left then right, my hips moving rhythmically to his.

'wow you're a fast learner' he chuckles.

i giggle. 'i did lots of dance in middle school'

'ah' he smiles. he twirls me around, his hands falling around my waist, as i turn back around, facing him again. 

'y/n?' he whispers while still swaying me

'yes?' i say

'i need to tell you something' he takes a deep breath in.

'go ahead'

'i- um, i've kinda liked you for ages'

it goes silent.

'you don't have to like me bac-' he starts but before he can finish his sentence i start talking.

'me too vinnie, me too' i finally admit

'really?' his eyes widen, his lips forming into a smile.

'yes' i grin

before i know it, both of our lips are in contact, passion in both of our eyes. it feels perfect. it IS perfect.

A/N: kinda cute

word count: 982