It's all in the Details ...

It’s all in the Details

                          a.k.a A Bunch Useless facts to Remember

Sometimes writing reminds me of that certain subject where you’re forced to remember all the stupid, tiny little details. The “why do I need to know this” subject. We all have one, or at least one.

Mine is History.

If I didn’t have a short term memory blessed by the gods, I would fail. I just can’t make myself care about all the tiny little fun facts. Because really, why does it matter if I can list the day, month, and years?

That’s right, it doesn’t!

I won’t fail life, because I don’t know when some dead person kicked the bucket.

Writing though… It’s embarrassing sometimes.

I forgot the name of Rupert’s father once. I spent at least 45 minutes looking for it. I even sent a message out on wattpad to see if anyone knew, because I couldn’t even remember my own character’s name. I’m so professional, I know.

Another time, I couldn’t remember for the life of me Jesse’s eye color. It could only be blue or green, but I couldn’t remember which. That’s one took me awhile. I think I reread every chapter Jesse was in, and then realized, I had yet to state what his eye color even is!

This has happened many other times, and it’s unbelievably frustrating to practically have to read an entire book to find one tiny detail.

So if you’re writing a story save yourself the hassle and make lists.

Simple stuff like hair and eye color, height maybe, all the characters name- even that guy you mentioned once! Because believe me, you’ll come to a point where you want to use him again, and you can’t remember jack squat.

So much easier this way, but of course it took me like two years to realize my own stupidity…