chapter 2

"hi. my name is Shelby Moore. i live in new york city, and i'm 22 years old. i moved here when i was 20 because my family didn't support me wanting to start my own business. i want to start a business, so not clothes, and things like that.
like, an actually big huge MONEY business.
i'm not sure where to start though, while i did research, i was working at "Al's coffee cafe". it's pretty good pay, although, i don't really know what i'm doing.
i wish i was close with my family, but my sisters lost touch, my parents did believe i could be rich, and everybody else just doesn't want anything to do with me.
something that people don't know about me is that i don't do relationships. the last and only one i've ever been in was not good. at all. she manipulated me, abused me, controlled me, and so much more. i was only 19. i guess it was good that it only lasted a couple months. he really destroyed me mentally. i wanted to die, i couldn't take the way he treated and talked to me. finally, i got away and moved to new york as soon as i turned 20.

so yeah. that's my life, anyways, now tell me about you."

" you couldn't handle hearing about my life. you had it easy."

" being abused? that's not easy, not suck it up and tell me now before i walk out of this cafe."

" buckle up Moore."