Chapter I

Dear Calissa,

Your siblings and I await your return home soon. You have made me very proud with how well you've been getting along in Sunspear, but I fear we have all missed your presence. Once you arrive, I have some important news for you.

Your father,
Lord Stark

Calissa set down her father's letter, as well as a few from her siblings. She would start her journey home in a day, and she still couldn't decide how she felt.

Winterfell would always be home to her. She missed everything about it. The Godswood, the summer snows, and especially the people. She couldn't wait to hug Brandon and Ned, to see how much Lyanna and Benjen had grown. She was even excited to see her father.

On the other hand, Dorne had become her second home. After five years, she had adapted to the sun and it didn't seem so unbearably hot. It was beautiful and free. She had made lifelong friends there, and gained new skills she wouldn't have had the chance to otherwise.

A knock on her chamber door interrupted her thoughts. "Who is it?"

"Only your favorite Martell."

With a laugh, Calissa opened the door. "Don't let Elia hear you say that. She'll have your head."

Oberyn smiled down at her. "But you didn't deny it. Speaking of my dear sister, she and Ashara are wondering if you will break your fast with them."

"Of course." She shut the door behind them and took his arm. "Will you be joining us?"

"How could I deny the three most beautiful ladies in all the seven kingdoms?"

Calissa blushed, but tried to play it off. Oberyn was a flirt with everyone. However, in the last year or so, he seemed to have taken a special interest in her. She tried her best not to dwell on it, however, as that could only lead to heartbreak. Oberyn was not known for being faithful, to say the least.

"You look stunning today. Did you make that dress?" he asked.

Calissa's dress was a bright orange that complimented her now tanned skin. She had always been quite pale, but the years of Dornish sun had done her some good.

"Yes, I did. Elia and I just bought some beautiful new silks at the market, and I had to put them to good use. You know how I love dresses."

Elia and Ashara had been very helpful when it came to clothing, especially in the Dornish style. It was much different than the heavy furs Calissa had grown up with.

She had prepared for home already with few new dresses to keep her warm. All of her older ones were much too small now. She even had the time to make a dress to give to Lyanna as a gift.

It was a deep blue color, to represent their house. She hoped her sister would like it; Lyanna had never been very ladylike.

Breakfast was filled with amazing food and many laughs. Calissa was going to miss all her friends dearly. They meant a lot to her; she considered them family after all they had been through.

Elia was her older sister in all but blood. It was a great comfort to Calissa, who always had to be the older sister to Ned, Lyanna, and Benjen. Though Brandon was older than her, he needed watched after just like the others. Elia was a shoulder to cry on, someone Calissa could ask questions of, and learn from.

Ashara was not present all the time, but she was around enough that Calissa grew fond of her as well. She looked up to Ashara.

And Oberyn, well, was her best friend. There were times where he reminded her of Brandon. He looked out for her, and she thought he was the coolest thing when she was younger. Now, she mostly thought he was a humorous fool. She had the most fun with Oberyn.