Happy Birthday, Co-Star! - T. Holland

a lil break from my sour series. i'm giving you guys some fluff. hopefully it'll make you guys stop crying from my angsty works.

725 words
platonic!tom

* * * *

You and Tom were stars of a new movie. Both of you were acting as siblings, Alexandra and Ashton Moore, trying to set up your dad with the pretty waitress at the restaurant they always go to, so that he could leave their cruel step-mom. You became best friends instantly and both of you bonded over funny videos and theater. Knowing that it was Tom's birthday, all of you decided to surprise him in the middle of shooting. It was all planned out and Harry was in on it too.

You and Tom were shooting an argument scene between your characters and the plan was, you were going to go off-script which will leave Tom confused. Then when he asks what's going on, you'll break character and everyone will sing 'happy birthday' while Harry comes in with a cake. It was easy. You just hoped that you could pull it off.

"Everyone, ready?" The director looked at you and you nodded. "Alright. And... action!"

"Alex, that was so stupid!" Ashton yelled. "If you only followed what I told you, none of this wouldn't have happened!"

"Hey, how was I supposed to know that my whole plan would fuck up?!" Alex retorted.

"You don't think at all, that's why! Where's your brain at lately?! Because I don't see you using it. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who has working brains in this family." Ashton said, causing Alex to tear up.

"You know, you don't have to say hurtful shit to me. I get that you're mad and I'm sorry I fucked up, but what you said crossed the line. I don't want to talk to you." Alex cried.

Ashton, being the stubborn guy he is, scoffed and said, "I don't want to talk to you either."

In the script, you and Tom are supposed to stay in different parts of the house. You were going to stay in the kitchen and Tom will stay in his room and the only time he'll leave his room is when you'll leave the house.

Seeing as it's Tom's birthday, you won't do any of that. Instead, you'll call him down to eat lunch with you and when he goes downstairs, the dining room will be set up with a lot of food and a banner that says 'Happy Birthday, Tom!'. Then Harry will come in with the cake.

"Okay, go!" The director whispered and you nodded.

"Ashton! It's lunch time. I don't care if you're mad at me." Alex shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

Tom, who was in 'his room', looked confused. 'That's not on the script.' Tom thought to himself. 'But maybe Y/N has an angle on this scene.'

"I'm not hungry!" Ashton shouted.

"I said come down here and eat lunch with me! Don't be so difficult!" Alex yelled. "Don't make me go up there."

"Nice try, you're not mom." Ashton shook his head, even though he knew Alex wouldn't see him.

"Just come here!"

Ashton gets up from his bed and stays at the top of the stairs. "What the fuck is wrong with you?! I told you that I'm not hungry!"

"We're going to eat whether you like it or not!" Alex storms up the stairs and holds his hand as they walk down the stairs to lead him to the dining area.

"Alex, I'm not-"

"Happy Birthday, Tom!!"

Tom's jaw drops as he sees everything. "Aw, you guys! Thank you so much!"

Harry comes in with a cake and the candle was already lit. "Happy birthday to you~" Harry started singing, causing Tom to laugh as soon as he saw his brother.

When the song was over, Harry was standing beside Tom with the cake. "Make a wish, Tom." You smiled sweetly. He glanced at you and gave you a small smile before turning to the cake and closing his eyes for a while to make a wish.

He blew the candle and everyone clapped. "Thank you all so much!" Tom said with a big grin.

"Y/N planned it. We just helped." Harry confessed. Tom turned to you and you shrugged.

"It's my best friend's birthday. I gotta make it special somehow." You chuckled.

"You're heaven sent, thank you." Tom hugged you and you hugged back. It was a quick hug, but it was still special.

"Let's eat!"

* * * *

thank u for 15k, my loves 🤍

edit: i forgot to add my tom edit sksks ffs