{11} Hunter X and X Prey

The twenty-five applicants who have passed the exam's Third Phase exit Trick Tower, one by one, for a long awaited breath of fresh air.

I stretch and fill my lungs with the fresh air. I look around and see that there are only two other girls here. One of them has red hair pulled back and tied with a bow. She's wearing dark sunglasses so I can't see her eyes. The other girl has a minty green hair color. She's wearing a yellow, honeycomb shaped hat and has dark forest green eyes. The first woman has number 80 pinned on her shirt and the second is wearing number 246.

A man starts talking, "Ladies and gentlemen, congratulations on having escaped Trick Tower," He has the same voice as Lippo. Great, another long explanation. I lie down in the grass placing my headphones in my ears, using my arms as a pillow. Lippo points behind him to an island. I'll just ask later...

"Lots?" I hear people question.

Hisoka walks up to the man and picks something from out of the box stationed next to Lippo. The pin head that was playing cards with Hisoka earlier does the same thing.

"Okay what's up?" I ask, sitting up and tucking away music.

"You weren't paying attention," Killua says slightly annoyed.

"Not a bit," I confirm.

He sighs, giving me a quick explanation. I listen to what he's saying but I find myself paying more attention to his features... mostly his eyes. They make sapphires seem pretty dull, almost worthless in comparison, as cheesy as that sounds. They're kind of an electrifying blue. Very easy to get lost in if you're not careful...

"Don't look at me like that." He says snapping me out of my daze. He has a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"Like what?" I ask innocently.

"Never mind... did you hear anything I just said?"

"Yes, that's Zevil Island over there, where the Fourth Phase will be held. We are currently drawing lots to see who's the Hunter and who's the hunted." Wow I have no idea how I got all of that. I smile to myself.

"Hey, Killua," Gon asks him.

"Huh?"

"He said something about hunting and being hunted. Does that mean we'll be fighting each other?"

"Yeah, probably," Killua says as he puts his hands behind his head, and starts to whistle like he doesn't have a care in the world.

"Kira it's your turn." Gon nudges me.

"I know." I try not to think about how luck usually isn't on my side. In fact, I'd probably draw my own number... if that's possible, or worse yet my brother's. I stick my hand in the box and grab not the first, but the second card I touch.

Kurapika, Killua, and Gon all draw after me. Leorio is the last to pick and of course has some brilliant line to say...

"I don't know what this is about, but I draw with style..." I roll my eyes and he picks the last card to be drawn.

"Everyone's taken a card?" Lippo asks. "Then remove the seal from your card. The card indicates your target. This box recorded witch card each of you drew. This means that you're free to dispose of the cards if you wish. The objective is to steal your target's ID tag."

"Oh, so we don't need to kill each other," one the Amori brothers asks with relief.

"Naturally, you're free to use any method you choose to steal the ID tags. Including killing your target and taking the tag off the corpse."

"That sounds like the fastest way," another one of them says.

Gon seems a little uneasy so I elbow him and ask, "You okay?" He nods slightly. "What? You didn't pick my number did you?"