Chapter 57. Fun with Umbridge ☾

A/N: Hey guys I am back ;) Hope  you like the new cover :) Thank you for 94K love you all <3

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

It was the dark of night. Three students and a dog strode down the dungeon corridor under an invisibility cloak. They entered an abandoned classroom and silently shut the door behind them. A dark man stood waiting expectantly. Finally, he spoke.

"I know you're there." Severus acknowledged as he kept from smirking. Harry threw off the cloak and the others stretched. Sirius changed back into his human form.

Hermione sighed. "Are you going to tell me what this is about?"

"Well, you know about the detentions with Umbridge." Sirius started. She nodded firmly. "I think it's about time we pay her back in full."

"And I am here because…?" Severus asked, his eyebrow quirked.

"Come on, Sev, you know you gave as good as you got in school. You prank as well as any Marauder I've ever seen." Sirius joked. Severus rolled his eyes.

"Just because I disagree with her use of a blood quill, you think I would suddenly be in league with you, Black?" Severus questioned, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Revenge makes strange bedfellows." Sirius replied, shrugging. Severus sighed.

"Okay, fine. I will help, but only because getting Umbridge out of here is the right thing to do." Severus conceded, smirking.

"Good, now, Harry, if you will…" Sirius motioned for Harry to bring out the piece of parchment. Severus stared at the blank parchment, and then looked at Sirius, confused. He recognized it as the parchment he took from Harry in third year. How did the boy get it back?

"What is this? You want me to sneak this parchment into Umbridge's office? You want to prank her by giving her a parchment whose sole purpose is to insult her?" Severus asked.

"Severus, you are about to join a long line of marauders. First, you must say the pledge…" Sirius started.

"I'm not saying any stupid pledge you think up, Black." Severus interrupted. Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Fine, I am bringing you into a secret that us Marauders have known for quite some time." Sirius motioned to the parchment. "Harry, will you show our friend…?"

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Harry recited, pointing his wand at the paper. Suddenly, the Marauders Map came alive, showing the placement of every person in Hogwarts.

"What is this?" Severus repeated, suddenly becoming very angry. How long had this parchment existed? He pondered.

"It's a map of Hogwarts with commentary on everybody's position. It's something that James, Remus, and I came up with in fifth year." Sirius explained.

"Just HOW did a gang of teenagers manage to create this map?" Severus asked furiously. So, this was how they could prank him and get away so easily! Between this and the invisibility cloak, the marauders were unstoppable! He never had a chance!

"Easy. Remus is a genius, I don't like rules, James thought he could do anything, and Pettigrew brought the snacks and encouraged our combined insane genius.*" Sirius explained nonchalantly. Severus seethed. Harry, Draco, and Hermione all struggled to keep themselves from bursting with laughter.