Chapter 36

⚠️Smut⚠️

I'm woken up suddenly by the door being slammed open. By the time I sit up and open my eyes, Cristiano is already at the edge of the bed, advancing towards me. He's angry, more angry than I've ever seen him before. I don't know what he's going to do. I panic, and attempt to get off of the bed before he can reach me.

But as soon as I start to move, he grabs my ankles and drags me towards him. I let out a shriek as I'm pulled off the bed, fearing I might hit the ground. Just as my back is about to slam onto the floor, Cristiano catches me by my arm and pulls me up towards him.

"So you're just going to blatantly avoid me now?! Is that it?!" He yells at me.

I was still half asleep, I could barely process what he was saying.

"Wh-what?" I ask fearfully, he was gripping my arm so tightly it felt like he might snap it in half.

"When I come into our room at night, I don't care how late it is, or where I've been, I expect you to be there." He says angrily.

"I-I'm sorry." I choke out. I wanted to cry, I could barely process what was happening. I didn't feel drunk anymore, but the affects of the alcohol were still there. He yanks me by my arm, and practically drags me back to our room.

Cristiano pushes me into the room, and slams the door shut. He turns around and looks at me. There's a pretty good distance between us, but it's not big enough. I start backing away from him. Surprisingly, he stays where he is. He looks at me strangely.

"Where did you get that dress?" He asks. I'm utterly confused, I look down at my dress, and remember I had gotten it from one of the drawers in the old bedroom.

"Why?" I ask, bewildered. He charges towards me, grabbing me by the hair on the back of my neck, and pulling my face close to his.

"Answer the fucking question, Gia." He says through his teeth. It was clear to me that he was angry about something, I just didn't know what.

"Th-the old bedroom! In a drawer!" I say, almost immediately, my voice full of fear. He lets go of my hair and pushes me away from him. He stares at me for a moment, the look on his face showed me that he was still pissed for whatever reason. I didn't understand why he was so upset with me, why was he so angry about a dress?

He sits down on the end of the bed, and rubs his eyes. It seemed like something was bothering him, something a lot more serious than a dress, which didn't surprise me.

"That dress belonged to my mother." He says, moving his hands away from his eyes, and looking up at me.

It didn't know what to say. Did he want me to take it off? Was he angry with me? I could never tell what he was thinking. I looked into his eyes, and only saw some kind of darkness that terrified me.

"I...I didn't know. I'm sorry." I say, moving in front of him. He sighs, and looks down.

"Can I be honest with you Gia?" He asks, still looking down.

"Of course." I respond immediately. I didn't know if that was the true answer to be honest. Could he really trust me, especially after what I had done earlier? He runs his hands through his hair.

"I'm stressed Gia. There is something very important currently going down, and I don't know if we're going to be able to pull it off." He says, frustratingly.

I truly felt for him. Despite all of his awful behavior, being the Don was probably one of the hardest jobs in the world. He had only been doing this for a little over 2 years, and I could tell it was already weighing on him.