Chapter 1: Good Morning Cartoon World

The sun rose up and over the Cartoon World, awakening any people still sleeping. The sun shone on Garfield's eyes, startling him. He let out a yelp, and pulled the blanket over himself. Garfield then shut the blinds closed, hoping it would work to block the sun. It didn't. The blinds shot right open again, this time waking up Garfield for good.

"Oh great, this is why I hate Mondays."

Garfield went under a table, shoved the blanket over himself again, and tried his absolute best to go right back to sleep.

Meanwhile, Jon was up making breakfast. Liz, Audrey, and Odie were already there. Now, they were just waiting for Garfield in order to officially start eating Jon's pancakes.

"So, how did you guys all sleep?" Jon was having an attempt at starting a conversation.

"Oh, good, thanks Dad," Audrey mumbled, half-asleep and half-awake.

"Well, that's what I like to hear! How about you, Liz?"

"Well, I'm alright. Nothing much has happened yet, you know?" Answered Liz as she was munching on a pancake. Just at that moment, Garfield finally appeared.

"Good morning Garfield!" Greeted Audrey. She was back to her usual and bubbly self by now.

"Is there anything good about Monday mornings?" Complained Garfield. He was even more grumpy than ever, since his least favorite day of the week was Monday.

"Okay Garfield," Started Jon. "Eat your breakfast lasagna and we'll get ready to go!"

"Wait!" Exclaimed Audrey. "We're missing Zoe! I'll go wake her up. I've got the perfect idea..." She got up and went over to Zoe's room, snatching a megaphone along the way.

"HEY ZOE! GET UP AND OFF OF THE FLOOR NOW! WE NEED TO GO WORK FOR THE COMIC STRIP!" Audrey yelled as best as she could into Zoe's ear. Zoe groaned and got up.

"Couldn't you have at least warned me?" She said, rubbing her eyes.

"Nope!" Audrey laughed. "We've gotta go work now! Dad's waiting in the car!"

"Ugh, fine." The two sisters walked out of the house and to the driveway where Jon, Garfield, and Odie were waiting.

"Okay kids, let's get moving!" Jon said as Audrey and Zoe got into the car. They talked and laughed all along the car ride while they were on their way to pick up Arlene and Nermal. Eventually, the group made it to the spot where they were supposed to pick up Arlene and Nermal.

"Hey guys, get in the car!" Jon said as both cats got in. Garfield threw Odie into the back row with Audrey and Zoe and let Arlene sit next to him. Only this was that Nermal got there first.

"Oh, it's fine, Garfield. I'll just sit in the back," Arlene said. Garfield grunted while Nermal started to tease him about Mondays.