Chapter 1

It was 2am and you were laying in your bed trying to force yourself to go to sleep. You felt restless for some reason and couldn't seem to fall asleep despite feeling tired. You didn't want to check your phone or watch tv to pass time because in the end it would only make you more awake and keep you up longer. You thought that maybe turning on some quiet music would maybe work, so you did. You then laid on your back and began staring at your ceiling until you heard something. You only heard it for a split second but there was definitely a startling noise. You quickly sat up and as you turned your led light strip on, you heard the noise again and quickly realized what it was. It was a familiar boy knocking at your window. You got up out of your bed and opened your blinds to see Eren Jaeger- your neighbor and long time boy best friend- standing there with a smirk. You opened the window, leaned on it, and stuck your head out the window. Eren was standing a few feet away with his hands now in the pocket of his black hoodie.

"What are you doing?" you asked in an unamused tone.

"Couldn't sleep and got bored." he said nonchalantly.

"So you decided to come bother my sleep?" you asked as you raised your eyebrows.

"Yeah pretty much. So can I come in?" he asked while shrugging his shoulders.

"If you can keep quiet." you said as you backed away from the window. Eren walked up and held out a hand for you to grab. You helped him quietly get into your first-story bedroom that was lit red.

He got inside and you went over to your phone that was playing music to turn it off. "Keep it on." you heard Eren say as he was turned around to look at you while he closed the window.

"Fine but I don't know if you'll even like this music." you said as you went over and sat on the edge of your bed.

"It's Chase Atlantic. Of course I like it." he said while walking over to your bed and sitting down and putting his legs under the covers where you sleep.

You were a little surprised that he even knew what you were listening to, but not that surprised because pretty much everyone likes Chase Atlantic.

"I'm actually a little relieved that you came over because I couldn't sleep either. I've just been weirdly restless at night lately and it's frustrating." you sighed.

"Stressed about something?" he asked as he pulled his black hoodie over his head and tossed it on the floor next to the bed, revealing a white tshirt with a small logo on it.

"I don't think so. I mean, last week I was stressed about finals but now that it's summer I don't exactly know what I would be stressed about." you explain.

"It could just be the change from your school schedule to your summer schedule. Your body is probably just a little confused." he said while fully laying down on your pillow and covering up.

One thing you admired about him was that he always knew the right thing to say to make you feel better while not even acting like he was doing anything to help. He always just seemed so chill about everything and it just seemed like everything came to him so easily.

"You're probably right. It's just annoying." you said as you stood up and went to lay down beside Eren.

You and him always did this type of thing even though you were only friends and that was something you really valued. You felt comfortable doing things that most friends wouldn't do. You had been best friends your whole life since you were neighbors and had always gone to the same school, so everything you did was so natural and nothing was awkward.

"Wanna try to sleep now?" he whispered as you laid on your side with your back against his abdomen. His arm comfortably draped over your side and his leg was in between yours.