[18] Appreciations at Dinner

the rest of day 17 is a result of my 2nd dose of the vaccine. please enjoy <3

X days prior / Day 17 [continued]

Warmth. That was what he felt most.

Reki fluttered his eyes closed along with Langa. With every passing second, his heart rushed more from anticipation. Langa's hands on his cheeks, the blanket wrapping around them both, the clouds blocking the light so he couldn't see how close Langa was getting—this wasn't how he'd expected it to go at all, but that just made it all the more memorable.

Since a gust of chilly wind swept by them as their lips met, it was far from perfect, but Reki couldn't have cared less. His skin was warm enough, also being tickled by Langa's lashes. He hadn't realised how long they were before. He hadn't known that tears could be so hot and salty as they slid down to his lips. He'd never thought that Langa's touch could be more desperate than soft; his hands were at his cheeks still, and they were gripping at his skin, telling him to stay.

Reki didn't dare to pull back first. He stayed put, hands on the dirty roof, collecting etches for his skin because of how much pressure there was. Langa pulled their lips away just to nestle his face onto Reki's shoulder, causing him to suck in a deep breath, heart still pounding, not knowing what to say.

They put their arms around each other, both clenching the fabrics on their backs. The clouds drifted away from the moon and stars, letting the reflected light land on Langa's pale face, revealing that he was exhausted. All those questions must've taken a toll on him and his lungs.

Reki brushed at Langa's cheeks with his knuckles, having him begin to slowly blink awake. "You're tired, right? Let's go inside now."

Langa hummed quietly, struggling to rise.

Reki climbed back through the windowsill first and then offered his hand. "You can't stay out there forever."

Eventually, he toppled into the room, falling face flat onto the floor. Reki winced at his fall and the loud noise it made. Being clumsy was only cute in anime. Had this happened before, Reki would not have kissed him back.

He leaned over Langa's limp body to close the window, cutting off all the wind that was still picking up. After finding him still motionless for a few seconds, he gave up and decided that it wasn't his problem. His current problem was the feeling of being terribly filthy and having ragged hair. A minute in the bathroom solved that issue; however, it didn't help Langa off the floor.

"Did I knock you unconscious?" Reki nudged his side with his foot. "I'm so sexy that you passed out?"

No response.

"Jeez dude, how are we gonna get married, spend the rest of our lives together, and skate for infinity if you can't even handle a kiss that you started?" Reki sighed, found a fresh set of clothes, and jumped into the bed, wrapping all the covers around him. "Okay, goodnight."

It was only then did he hear Langa scrambling up off the floor and getting near the bed. Reki aggressively kicked his stomach when he attempted to crawl in. "You're gross. Clean the dust off your hands and change."

"This is my bed."

"Man, do I look like I give a fuck?"

Langa obliged and settled in next to him on the bed. Reki could tell it was taking all of his might to not force him off the bed (Reki was hogging all the blankets).

Instead, he clung onto Reki, trying his best to create one of those spooning cuddles. Reki relaxed his body, feeling how perfectly comfortable he was against the bed, not disturbed by the position of Langa's arm at all. The temperature was completely cool, not burning hot from body heat, and he was definitely not uncomfortable with their legs tangled together under the sheets.