"darling, are you ready for more?"

They say had finally come, Ophelia's favourite holiday, Halloween

They say had finally come, Ophelia's favourite holiday, Halloween. There was something about the atmosphere which she loved.
At St Joesph's, Halloween was the only time of year they were given sweets, which the Matron was reluctant to allow.

All the girls would stay up and tell ghost stories, such as spotting an old Victorian ghost roam the hallways of the home. Ophelia one time told the story of seeing two glowing, yellow eyes in a window which would make younger girls hide under the covers.

They were often given detentions for scaring the younger ones so much. But at Hogwarts, it was completely different.

At St Joesph's you were allowed 3 sweets each and you were not allowed to dress up. You'd have to be at bed by 8pm and you were not allowed to scare each other.

A Hogwarts, a feast is held with bowls of every kind of sweets. Costumes seemed to be mandatory unless you wanted to be seen as boring and scares and pranks were encouraged by Professor Slughorn.

As a treat, classes had been cancelled so Lily, Dorcas, Marlene, Alice and Ophelia stayed in the Gryffindor common room. Ophelia was sat on the sofa by the orange fire when Sirius and Marlene approached her.

"I don't like those looks on your faces." Ophelia told them as they edged themselves closer. "Do you want to do a couple's costume?" Sirius asked her. "I mean sure but wouldn't Remus be a little jealous?" Ophelia replied which made him sigh.

"Not with me!" He exclaimed which made her raised her eyebrows. "With Prongs. We're all gonna dress up like each other." Sirius said which made her look around in thought for a moment. "Hmmm, no." She replied which made Marlene huff.

"Come on. It'll be fun." Marlene begged which made her sigh. "Fine." Ophelia replied which made Marlene squeal excitedly and hurry away with Sirius which made her roll her eyes.

~☕︎︎~

All together, there were four couples and they all sat by the fireplace, taking turns to get changed. Sirius and Remus switched clothes, with Sirius' leather jacket suiting Remus. Frank and Alice switched clothes as well as Dorcas and Marlene.

Finally, it was James and Ophelia's turn. Reluctantly, they both got up and headed up the stairs to James' dorm. Ophelia jumped onto his bed as he scanned his wardrobe to find clothes to give her.

In spite, he grabbed a button up shirt and a pair of jeans and threw them at her, hitting her in the face. "I'd rather be dead then wear this shirt." She replied, a face of disgust at the shirt. "I guess you'll be dead then." He replied with a shrug.

Ophelia rolled her eyes as she handed him a David Bowie shirt and a pair of flared jeans. "Right well," She paused as she held the clothes to her chest. "Turn around then." She ordered which he followed, staring at the wall as she pulled her shirt over her head and buttoned up the shirt James gave her.

After she got changed, James made her turn around whilst he got dressed. "Ready?" She asked which made him hum in reply and the two turned around. "Wait," Ophelia said before grabbing a brown belt from James' wardrobe and putting it on as well as loosely tucking in the shirt.

"Hey! I didn't say to add that!" James exclaimed. "Well I refuse to look like the worst dressed fake couple." Ophelia replied. "You're a bit competitive, aren't you?" James asked which made her glare at him.

Then she grabbed her wand from the back pocket and with a slight flick, several rings appeared in her hands. "Give me your hands." She ordered and at first he didn't follow but she grabbed his hands any and began to put the silver rings on different fingers.

"Are we getting eloped right now?" James asked with a slight chuckle. "Yes, I am trapping you into a marriage." She replied sarcastically before sliding a couple rings onto her fingers.

"Here." She held out a pair of silver earrings but he shook his head. "My ears aren't pierced!" He exclaimed. "We all know you let Sirius drunkenly pierce them." Ophelia replied which made him huff before allowing her to put the earrings on him.

"I'm missing something." She then said before she began to slide his glasses off his face but he held onto them. "No! I won't be able to see!" He exclaimed. "So? People go their whole life without seeing." She replied before pulling them off and pushing them behind her ears.

"Do I look like you?" She asked as she posed and pushed the glasses up the bridge of her nose. "I can't see!" He replied which made her laugh. "But if you look like me, you must look hot." He added arrogantly which made her roll her eyes.

"Sorry," She apologised sarcastically, "Didn't mean to inflate your ego." She added which made him chuckle lightly as he followed her out the dorm.

~☕︎︎~

Afterwards, they all headed to the Great Hall for the feast. Ophelia attempted to make her way to the Ravenclaw table but James called her over. "It's a couple's costume Sweetheart." He called out. "We need to stay together all night." He added.

"Great." She replied sarcastically as she slid onto the bench beside the messy haired boy. Then the empty silver plates on the tables were covered in different food.

There were small ebony cauldrons filled of orange and black lollipops and gold bowls filled of jelly drops. Ophelia's eyes widened as she looked up and down the table at the small cakes, pumpkin pasties and donuts.

Ophelia had to hit James' hand away so she could grab the cauldron cake with the most icing which made him glare at her. The Gryffindor table was close to the wall so Ophelia leaned back onto it after eating so much that she became sleepy.

She held onto her stomach as her eyelids slowly fell but she was able to throw herself forward so she wouldn't fall off the table and onto the stone floor.

She put her arm up to catch her head when she eventually fell asleep. No one noticed the sleeping girl until her head fell so she was leaned against James' arm.

James looked down at the girl with his hazel eyes, watching as she let out a deep breath. He then looked around to see no one had noticed that she was sleeping so he looked down at her again. A slight smile appeared on his face before looking up at Sirius to continue their conversation.