"calling you up,"

Ophelia woke up the next day in Lily's bed

Ophelia woke up the next day in Lily's bed. Her head was spinning and she was guessing she was so drunk that she couldn't remember going to bed. She looked around the dorm to see Lily was sharing the bed with Alice by the window.

She bit her bottom lip to concentrate on being quiet as she snuck out the dorm. Her first lesson, Transfiguration, started in a couple hours so she left for the Ravenclaw common room to get ready.

~☕︎︎~

After getting changed, she made her way to her Transfiguration classroom. She was slightly early so she expected Lily, Marlene and Dorcas to not be there yet.

But as she approached the classroom, she saw a messy haired boy waiting outside of it which peaked her interest. "Why are you all alone Potter?" She asked with a smirk as she leaned on the wall beside him. "They're setting up a prank." He replied.

"You're a lot heavy then I thought." He said which made her furrow her eyebrows. "What's that suppose to mean?" She asked in reply, defensively. "You passed out last night. I needed to carry you to the dorm." He replied.

"Are you sure you didn't do that to go in Lily's dorm?" She asked when she crossed her arms. He shook his head in reply before pausing for a moment and nodding which made her chuckle.

"Thanks." She said as she put her hand on his shoulder. Just then, a greasy haired boy started to pass them which caught both their attentions. James grabbed the boy by the collar and pushed him up against the wall. "What the fuck did you attempt yesterday?" He asked with a hiss.

"We all know Loony Lupin isn't a human." Snape hissed back, spitting in the boys face a she spoke. James clenched his jaw as he pulled his arm back but when he noticed the red head girl at the end of the hallway, he lowered it. "And it would of worked if it wasn't for that filthy mudblood." He spat at Ophelia who lunged forward.

But she was unable to actually hit the boy because Mcgonagall has casted a spell which froze the 3 students. Ophelia and James shared eye contact as the Professor marched over.

"What is the meaning for this? Detention, all of you!" She exclaimed before flicking her wand to unfreeze the students and shooed them off to their next class.

~☕︎︎~

Ophelia sighed loudly as approached the door for her detention that night. She had to clean the throw up bowls in the Hospital Wing which was one of the worst punishments you could get at the school.

When she got in, she saw a gagging James who was already cleaning one of the copper pots at the end of the beds. "Having fun there Potter?" She asked with a chuckle as he groaned, a look of disgust on his face.

~☕︎︎~

The pair suck through it and Madam Pomfrey let them off a few minutes earlier after cleaning every single pot. "I need some fresh air." Ophelia sighed as the two walked out. "Same." James replied before the two walked out into the courtyard.

Ophelia pushed herself up and sat on one of the crumbling walls in the courtyard, James sitting beside her. He then pulled a cigarette box from his pocket, held one between his lips before offering her one.

She took up the offer and placed the cigarette between her lips, waiting for James to light it. Their eyes met and they smiled slightly when he cupped his hand around the end whilst lighting it.

The Ravenclaw then inhaled the smoke and pulled it away from her mouth, flicking the cigarette so the ash landed on the floor. "I'm never doing that again." James announced which made her chuckle before he breathed out, his head up so the smoke went up into the night sky.

"Snape's lucky Lily and Minnie came to his rescue." Ophelia said which made him hum in agreement. A moment of eerie silence fell between them. "They still believe we're actually dating." The messy haired boy said which made her laugh slightly before looking down at the ground.

"I'm surprised they haven't forced us on a date." Ophelia said as she looked back up, James humming in reply. They then looked over at each other, their eyes interlocking.

Ophelia bit her bottom lip as her chocolate eyes occasionally glanced down at his lips. She did realise it, but James was doing the same thing.

They then began to lean is, as if they were two attracting magnets with no control over themselves. But when their faces were inches away, there was a high pitch voice.

"Students out of bed!" They looked over to see the mischievous poltergeist, Peeves, shouting followed by his infamous cackle. Suddenly, the faint sound of footsteps closer which they recognised as Filch.

"Shit." James muttered before they threw their cigarettes on the floor, stomped them out quickly before running down the doorway. The two students were laughing as they ran down the corridors, occasionally glancing back and seeing the shadow of the running caretaker.

Eventually, they lost him after running into the greenhouses, slamming the door so hard that the glass almost shattered. They looked at each other for a moment before bursting out laughing.