"im totally fucked,"

Ophelia was laying on her stomach at the end of Alice's bed in the Gryffindor common room

Ophelia was laying on her stomach at the end of Alice's bed in the Gryffindor common room. The rest of the girls were laying on their beds. "Merlin Lily, how many candles do you need lit?" Ophelia asked, looking at the several candles lit around the room.

"Because you're in here and I'd rather smell cinnamon then your Quidditch sweat." Lily replied, not glancing up from the book she was reading. Ophelia huffed before smirking and grabbing a piece of parchment and red ink.

"Oh Lily." She sang to catch her attention which made her look up at the girl who was holding the paper with 'Failed' on the top, mocking her for her boggart. "At least mine wasn't two fireflies." The red head replied.

"No. It was actually two pieces of buttered popcorn." Ophelia replied which made the girls all chuckle and Lily shake her head but smile
slightly.

"But it's proper hot in here." Ophelia said which made the other girls hum and nod in agreement. The girls all decided to move to the main part of the common room to get out of the cramped and stuffy dorm.

Ophelia had put her foot up on the coffee table in front of her which Lily knocked down. "I wouldn't do the same to your common room." She was announce. "You would respect a bag of rubbish." Ophelia replied before pushing herself up to head to the toilets.

The girls were too focused on their conversation ,which seemed to be getting heated, to notice Sirius approached the girl just before reached the door. "Thompson, do you want to go on a double date with me and Moony?" The dark haired boy asked hopefully.

"With who?" Ophelia replied which confused both of them. "James?" He replied in a questioning tone which made her let out an 'ah' when she remembered the deal.

"I can't, I'm busy." She lied, bouncing around because she was desperate for the toilet. "Oh, okay. Maybe another time." Sirius said with a hint of sadness in his voice as he walked away.

Ophelia did feel a little guilty but she couldn't deal with being publicly affectionate with James. She washed her hands with the lavender soap Lily had supplied every bathroom in the common room with. When she stepped out, she noticed Sirius talking to James before the messy haired boy shook his head.

~☕︎︎~

Later that night, Lily left for the library and Marlene and Dorcas has snuck out, probably to find a broom cupboard. Alice has also left to hang out with Frank but Ophelia didn't want to head back to the Ravenclaw common room.

She loved her common room, the painted dorm roof and bookcases engraved with leaves and vines on the side. However, she wasn't close with any other Ravenclaw as she had only befriended Gryffindors.

She was sat on the red couch by the fireplace, a copy of a Quidditch magazine in her hands. Suddenly, a figure jumped next to her. She looked up with an unimpressed look to see a smirking boy.

His cheeks were red and he looked like he was unable to support his head with his neck. "You're drunk aren't you?" Ophelia asked which made him nod with a guilty face.

"And you didn't share any with me?" She asked with raised eyebrows, gasping sarcastically when he shook his head. "I'm your girlfriend!" She exclaimed followed by a laugh. "You're not really." James replied. "What!" She exclaimed, messing with the drunk boy.

"What?" James asked before realising she was messing with him and rolled his eyes at the laughing girl. "Since Moony and Pads are out, we need another look out for a prank we're gonna pull on the Slytherins." James began to explained drunkly.

"Can you help?" He asked which made her look around in thought and glancing up at the cloak before nodding. "Yes! I could kiss you but you're a Ravenclaw so I won't!" James shouted as she jumped up. "And I wouldn't want to kiss an arrogant, stuck up Gryffindor." She replied which made them both scowl at each-other before he ran off.

~☕︎︎~

James was notoriously known for Hogwarts house discrimination and wouldn't even slightly smile at a Slytherin. Ophelia had faced comments about her house when she first started hanging out in the Gryffindor common room, most of them being from the Marauders.

The two leaned against the wall outside the Slytherin common room, their arms crossed as they stood in silence. "I'm not arrogant." James said, filling the silence which made her scoff. "No, you just constantly have your head up your own arse." Ophelia replied.

"I'm just confident." He replied which made her roll her eyes. "Maybe tone it down." She replied with a fake smile before both huffing and going silent again.

"I'm-" James began to argue again but he was cut off. From the corner of her brown eyes she noticed Evan Rosier waking down the hallways. So she grabbed the collar of James's shirt and pull him close, their lips pressed together.

At first their shoulders were tensed up but they began to relax, soon her hands moved to his shoulders and his hands rested on her hips. Slowly, she pulled away and their eyes felt like they were stuck together before she glanced over at Evan who was glaring at the two.

"What was that for?" James asked in a whisper into her ear. "This is an equal deal. An outcome was to make Evan jealous." She whispered back. She then looked behind to see the boy walking away. "And I think it worked." She added with a smirk.

They looked back at each other which was when they realised their bodies were still pushed against each other so they pushed themselves away. Both their cheeks became red as they rubbed the side of their arms.