"it was a bad idea,"

Ophelia rubbed her eyes as she woke up one morning, cringing at the amount of light shining through the window

Ophelia rubbed her eyes as she woke up one morning, cringing at the amount of light shining through the window. It was the early days of December so the sun stayed low for most of the day.

She ran her fingers through her chocolate hair as she sat up, but they got stuck as she hadn't brushed it yet. Afterwards, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes with the back of her hands before flinging her blanket off of her.

As she had woken up early, she hurried to the Hogwarts kitchen for a cup of tea. As it was so early, the hallways were basically empty apart for the occasional student.

She then started to get ready for her first class, Potions. But she had taken so long that she was almost late to the class and had to run down the hallways, suddenly halting in the doorway of the classroom.

"Hurry now Miss Thompson. You can stand next to Miss McKinnon." Slughorn said when he noticed the girl, pointing to the blonde Gryffindor. She nodded and hurried next to the girl as everyone was staring at her.

"You're sweating." Marlene left as she wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, chuckling at the girl who was panting. "Are you wearing makeup?" She then asked the Ravenclaw with a whisper. She then took in a large inhale through her nose. "And perfume?" She asked.

Ophelia did not reply but instead stared at that Professor however she wasn't paying attention. A smirk then grew on her face when she glanced between Ophelia and James. "You want to impress James." She sang which made the girl scoff in reply.

"Amortentia smells like the things a person is most attracted to." Lily answered the question Slughorn asked which the two girls weren't paying attention to.

He then sent the students off to an ebony cauldron. Ophelia bite her bottom as she concentrated on putting the correct amount of rose thorns, making the potion a rosey colour.

She then glanced up when she heard a light chuckle to see it was James. "What?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows. "You bite your bottom lip when you concentrate. It's cute." James replied which made her look down to hide her rosey and hot cheeks.

Suddenly, she couldn't think of an arrogant or witty reply so she started to measure the moonstone. This made a loud cloud of smoke erupt from the cauldron and spread across the table.

Slughorn then wandered around the room, checking they had made the potions correctly before going around the room and asking what the students smell.

"Miss Meadowes, what do you smell?" He asked the curly haired Gryffindor. "Peppermint...something sweet and butter beer." She replied, taking breaks to smell the potion. Ophelia smirked when she saw Marlene and Dorcas' eyes meet.

"What about you Miss Thompson?" Slughorn asked the Ravenclaw girl. She sighed before bending down slightly so the pink smoke could fill her nose. "Broom polish," She paused to take another smell. "Cookies," She added, taking another smell again. "And ash wood." She finished, standing back up straight and watching the Professor nod and smile.

"And you Mr Potter?" He asked, looking across the table at the messy haired boy. He pushed up his glasses before smelling the potion. "English tea, parchment and," He paused. "Broom polish." He added.

Ophelia felt a sense of worry in herself. She remembered that Evan Rosier was part of the Slytherin Quidditch team which was a logical explanation to what she smelt.

James noticed the girl so he shuffled over so he was next to her. "What's up?" He asked with a whisper whilst Lily began to say what she smelt. "I think I smelt Evan." She whispered in reply, staring down at the potion rather then the boy beside her.

James didn't know what to say and stuttered for an answer. "Then think you smell me." He said with a smirk which made her roll her eyes. "That would just inflate your ego even more." She replied with a chuckle.

She then sighed before turning to him. "Thanks." She thanked which made him nod. "Anything for you ,sweetheart." He replied with a wink which made her chuckle but push his arm slightly.