"it was a bad idea,"

It was now the 27th of March which was James' birthday

It was now the 27th of March which was James' birthday. Ophelia, who occasionally forgot her own birthday, didn't realise until Marlene teased her about giving James birthday kisses. She expected Sirius to of planned him something grand and she didn't want to get in the way so she stayed up in the Library.

Although she was reading a Charm book, she was more focused on the small sketches she drew in the corners of the pages. The library was pretty quiet and empty so she was surprised to see someone walk in.

Quickly, she glanced up to ensure it wasn't the moody Librarian going to shout at her for doodling in the books again but it wasn't, it a messy haired Gryffindor. Her eyebrows furrowed with confusion as he walked over to the girl, pulling a chair out opposite her and collapsing in it.

"Do you not have a party for you?" She asked as she put the book down open on the table so she wouldn't lose her page. He shook his head in reply. "I though Sirius threw one for you." She added which made him shake his head again. "No, he had some date with Moony." He replied.

However, this was a lie and Sirius tried to convince him to let him throw a party but he refused. He knew it would be more fun but he didn't feel up to it.

"Oh right." She replied as she looked down to continue on her sketch which interested the boy. He got up out of his chair to look over at the page. "Do you doodle in everything?" He asked which made her hum in reply because she wasn't relaxing listening.

"Maybe one day you could draw me." He said with a hopeful smirk but she scoffed. "I don't think my eyes could take looking at your face for a long period of time." She replied which made him scoff. "But you like kissing it." He said with a smirk which made her huff and roll her eyes.

"Don't be too proud of yourself Bambi." She said. "You're just lucky." She added with a wink which made him roll his eyes but chuckle lightly. "And people think I'm arrogant." He muttered.

"Well, do you want a cupcake or something?" She asked the messy haired boy which made him confused. "I feel bad that your mates left you to shag and I can't commit to a full cake." She explained which made James chuckle. "Sure." He replied which made her put the book back on the bookcase and left the library with the Gryffindor.

~☕︎︎~

The roles has switched and James was sat watching Ophelia bake two cupcakes. But the Ravenclaw was extremely inpatient and ended up using magic to bake them faster but she decorated them herself with vanilla icing and sprinkles.

"I don't have any candles." She said until she had a great idea. "Give me a cig and your lighter." She ordered with her hand out. "I don't want my cupcake to smell of smoke." James replied. "I'm not gonna smoke it." She said which made him confused but he handed her a single cigarette and his lighter.

She then stuck the cigarette into the top of one of the cupcake and lit the top of it, her hand cupped around it until it worked and she handed it to the boy.

James picked it out and lifted it to his lips being inhaling and blowing it out away from the girl. She then looked at him hopefully as he pulled the wrapped off and took a bite. "How is it?" She asked.

"It's actually good." He replied with his hand over his mouth because it was full. "Actually? Bitch, everything I make is good." Ophelia replied which made him chuckle as she took a bite out of hers. "This is god's work!" She exclaimed which made him roll his eyes.

~☕︎︎~

The two students then headed to the Gryffindor common room, still eating their cupcakes as they walked up the empty hallways. They then reached the common room and James told the portrait of the Fat Lady the password.

Once they were let in, they sat beside each other on the couch. Although it was spring, the nights were sort of cold so the fireplace was burning, filling the common room with a comforting smell.

Although James found the crackle of the fire relaxing, Ophelia found it eerie so she got up to the record player by the window and looked through the collection of records. Finally, she picked out a Queen song and began to play quietly.

She then headed back to the sofa but when she looked over at James, he was lying back with his head on the arm and his legs spread out to the other side. "Where am I suppose to sit?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

Suddenly, James grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the couch, falling on top of him. Ophelia tensed up as she fell, resulting in her elbow jabbing into his side which made him howl in pain. "You could of given me a warning then." She replied with a chuckle as he rubbed his side before sighing and throwing his head back.

She was laying with her legs between his and her face resting on his chest, her head going up and down with each breath he took. She could hear his racing heartbeat and found the continual beat almost hypnotising.

She then lifted her head up to look at the boy who had already falling asleep, his relaxing more relaxed and his eyelids lightly falling over his eyes. Ophelia stayed still for a bit, not wanting to wake him up, so she put her hands under her chin and inspected each feature of the sleeping boy including his messy hair, the indents in his skin from his glasses and the lightly stubble which was beginning to grown on his jaw.

Ophelia then glanced over at her bag on the floor, so she attempted to push herself off of the boy with waking him up which she was successful at. Then, she carefully slid the glasses off from behind his ears and put them down on the coffee table.

Quietly, she leaned over for her bag and took out the book she was doodling in as well as her pencil. She froze still when the boy turned to his side, facing the girl.

After letting out a sigh, she sat on the floor in front of him with crossed legs and began to sketch the sleeping Gryffindor, drawing each strand of hair which had fallen in his face and each eyelash.

Once she was satisfied with the drawing she pulled out the page ,which was originally blank, from the back of the book and folded it up before putting it into her pocket.

She thought she should leave him to get some rest so she pushed some hair which had fallen into his eyes and whispered, "Night Bambi.", before heading back to her common room.