"was such a bad idea,"

Ophelia was lying peacefully on her bed

Ophelia was lying peacefully on her bed. It was still early so the Ravenclaw common room was silent. Her dark hair was sprawled out across her pillow and her blankets had been pushed down to the end of her bed during her sleep.

But her sleep would be interrupted when the three girls snuck into her dorm to wake her up early. This was because it was her birthday, the 25th of April. Marlene and Dorlene suddenly jumped onto the girl's bed whilst Lily whistled loudly.

The girl sat up quickly, looking around with wide eyes but rolled her eyes when she saw the laughing girls. "Happy birthday to you!" They began to sing but Ophelia hated the song and ushered them out so she could she could get changed.

Although they continued to sing through the door, it was slightly quieter so Ophelia headed over to her wardrobe, swinging the doors open.
After getting changed, she stepped out of her dorm to see the girls had gone which made her sigh of relief before heading to the Great Hall.

~☕︎︎~

The classes that day were boring and Ophelia used the 'it's my birthday' excuse multiple times to get out of work but they were never successful.

Ophelia didn't want anything big for her birthday, besides she had no friends out of the four girls and Remus. Instead, Lily invited her over to the Gryffindor common room.

"There's the birthday girl!" Marlene sang as she put her feet up on the coffee table. Ophelia looked up to see Remus was also there, meaning they were all packed on the surrounding sofas and arm chairs.

"I've done it! I've survived another year!" She shouted which made a few of them laugh as she jumped into the empty seat beside Remus.
"Wait,wait!" Lily exclaimed before running up to her dorm. A few moments later, she came back down the stairs with a chocolate cake in her hands with 16 candles stuck in it.

The rest of them all began to sing happy birthday, with Marlene being the loudest and turning it more into a rock song. When Lily reached the Ravenclaw with the cake near her face, she blew out the candles in one breath, but Dorcas still jumped forward to blow out one.

For the rest of the evening, the 6 students stayed on the common room eating the cake and handing Ophelia presents to open. Overall, she was given crystals from Lily, a new record from Marlene and many different sweets both magic and muggle.

But soon enough, they got full and tired so they headed to bed. However, Ophelia was still filled of birthday excitement (or maybe it was just the sugar from the cake) but she put on her new record and started to jump around the common room.

"I only wanted a little love affair!" She sang, loudly but also terribly. "Now I can see you are beginning to care!" She sang again. Ophelia was more shouting then singing so she didn't see James walked into the common room.

He stood watching the girl, his arms crossed with a smirk as he watched her sing loudly. Suddenly, she stopped when she saw the messy haired boy who began to chuckle at her. "Why are you in such a good mood?" He asked as he wandered over to the record player, took it off and began inspected it. "It's my birthday." She replied as she leaned on the back of the sofa which she ended up falling off of.

"Really?" James asked which made her scowl and nod. "You didn't know? You're the worst fake boyfriend ever." She replied which made him roll his eyes. "I missed it didn't I?" He asked which made her nod. "Well technically, it's still my birthday for another..." She paused to glance back at the clock. "2 hours." She added.

"Wait for a second then." James said before leaving the common room and leaving the Ravenclaw alone.  Soon enough, he came back into the common room and she was expecting a cake or something but in his hands was a single chocolate chip cookie. "Where's my candle?" She asked which made him roll his eyes and dig into his pocket, pulled out her cigarette box and flicked it open. He then lifted the box to his mouth and picked up a single cigarette between his lips before taking it out of his mouth and stabbed it into the cookie.

He then handed the girl the cookie and cupped his hand around the top of the cigarette and lit it. "Happy birthday to you." He began to sing and once he was done through the song, she picked out the single cig and put it out in the Sirius' ashtray on the coffee table.

"So, what did you wish for?" He asked as he sat down beside her and she took a bite out of the cookie. "If I told you it won't come true." She replied as she wiped her mouth. "You still believe in that stuff?" He asked with a laugh which made her roll her eyes.

"You got something against that?" She asked with raised eyebrows which made him shake his head. James then placed his hand on her thigh, squeezing his hand slightly to get her attention. "It's cute that you believe in that stuff." He said with a smile which made her cheeks got rosey and hot.

His hazel eyes the closely inspected her face. Scanning over each faint freckle, each eye lash, her jaw moving as she chew. The girl then noticed her staring and scowled at him as he began to chuckle. "What?" She asked with slight aggression.

"You have a bit of- right-" He gave up on trying to tell the girl where a smear of chocolate was by her lip so he placed his hand under her jaw and wiped it away gently with his thumb. As he did so, his thumb pulled down on her bottom lip which was when their lips met.

"James we-" But she was cut off by James who leaned forward, pressing their lips together. Their hot foreheads presses against each other as the turned their heads to the side so they fit together comfortably. But then he pulled away, however their eyes were still closed and their faces were still close. "It's late." He whispered, basically muttering into her mouth. "Yeah." She replied awkwardly as she sat back and cleared her throat.

"You can sleep in my bed if you want." James offered which made her eyebrows furrow. "And where would you sleep?" She asked. "The couch." He replied which made her shake his head. "No, it's your dorm. You sleep in your own bed." She said firmly but he shook his head in reply.

"You're the guest. I'm sleeping here." He said sharply which made her scoff. "Fine. We'll just both sleep on the couch then." She said as she scowled and crossed her arms. "Fine." He replied as he too scowled and crossed his arms.