Prologue

Hello everyone, and welcome to...

˗ˏˋ 𝑶𝒏𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚'ˎ˗

It is quite interesting, the things your own mind can do without you even noticing. A simple glance at something could change your life forever. How does fate decide when one fleeting moment will stay with you, deep in the archive of your subconscious? 

How much can we believe our own minds?

Let us begin.

August 12th

The lack of wind hung motionlessly in the afternoon air, casting an aura of placidity throughout the rows of homes that carried down the street. There was the occasional person here or there, going about their day as anyone usually would. The sun, which was relatively high, signaled that it was around midday.

Cramming his thin silver key into the zigzag of his door lock, George fumbled slightly. The lock, being part of a rather old home was particularly stubborn, especially if the person using it was in a rush. He sighed, utterly vexed with the whole situation. The small key was chipped in several places, most likely as a result of the belligerent lock fighting against it one too many times.

He walked with a slight urgency, causing various small chunks of gravel to crackle under his feet. As he continued, George pulled his phone out of his sweater pocket, his finger tapping gently across the glass of his screen while he typed out a text. "Might be a few minutes late, be there to meet you soon," it read.

After several minutes of walking, George approached a small row of shops. He continued down the sidewalk, his hand meeting the metal bars of a small, fenced-in seating area. It was full of people sitting and drinking their afternoon coffees, or having pleasant conversations. His fingers grazed along the cool textured railing, gliding alongside him with every step he took. It was slightly rough, most likely caused by years of wear as people did the very same thing as he was doing just at that moment.

He scanned the crowd in search of the person awaiting him, occasionally glancing at other people while he looked. As he reached the back right corner, there he saw her, sitting anxiously with her hands clasped around a cup of coffee. Striding across the seating area, he made his way over to her.

"Mum, hi!" he smiled cheerfully. His mother's eyes snapped up from where they were fixated on the cracking paint of the wooden table. "Oh, George, my boy". Standing up excitedly she extended her arms out, welcoming him in for a hug. "It's so great to see you" he sighed, wrapping his arms softly around her. 

Pulling away and grabbing her half-finished coffee cup from the table, she looked over at George. "Ready to go?" she asked but was met with silence, rather than agreement. "George?"

Unaware of the fact that he had been lost in thought, George found himself called back to reality by his mother's questioning voice. "Are you alright, George?" her soft voice queried. His brow furrowed in thought as he tried to recall exactly what he was deep in thought about.

"Yeah fine, I just had a weird feeling there. Almost like deja-vu, but the opposite? It feels like something here is important."

Unbeknownst to George, his strong foreboding feeling was absolutely correct, as someone he'd soon meet was amongst the crowd he had just searched through minutes before.

But he'd just have to stuff that feeling down for now. 

˗ˏˋ Author's note 'ˎ˗

Hopefully, this little prologue has pulled you in! I'm not sure when I will begin this book, as I am still in the middle of a different one. I wanted to give you all a little taste of what has yet to come, and let me say, it's gonna be interesting.

If you didn't come from my other work(s), go check out my page!

This story will likely have 3 parts, all of which will take place in the same book. I expect that it won't be too long, so once I start writing it shouldn't be a long time period before it's finished. (I should not be promising that because I am awful at time management)

Anyway, thank you for coming and checking this out, and I hope you enjoy...

Oneiromancy!