Prison AU [D-Gang] (two)

It was colder outside, which probably could've been assumed since it was the middle of autumn. Richard walked the track, hands stuffed into his jacket and thinking to himself. His eyes trailed up to the high walls of the prison, one of the outlook posts casting a shadow across the field. He swallowed thickly, slowing to a stop.

     He was in prison.

     He was in prison.

     Richard had no clue why that was just dawning on him right now. Maybe part of him had been hoping he'd wake up the next day in his bed at home and realize -- surprise! -- it was all a dream. But it wasn't. This was real. 

     With a disgruntled sigh, he kept walking.

    Maybe he had been too hard on Dasher and Donner. They were named after Santa's reindeer, and what kind of person was he for ruining the christmas cheer? Perhaps he had been a bit of a dick... It was in his name, after all. Richard shook his head. No, he definitely had been an asshole, but he felt he had made the right decision... right? Red flags had been popping up everywhere... or maybe that was just the view behind his rosy eyes.

     Richard blinked and veered off the track, avoiding being stampeded by some joggers. He had zero clue why people would want to go running right after eating lunch, especially prison goop, but he was in no position to judge.

    His next thought would have been to contemplate what he should do next, but he was side-swiped by a large body running him over and flattening him to the ground. Ooo, wipeout! Dick jeered to himself as he peeled his frame off the grass. He was just about to pick himself off the ground when a lovely stranger did so for him -- and by the back of his orange jumpsuit, no less!

     "We just keep running into each other, huh, belette?" someone sneered. He expected a cloud of noxious breath, but what he got instead was a cloud of noxious smoke. Richard coughed and looked up to realize two things:

     1) Hey, that's that robot he ran into earlier at lunch!

     2) Since when did Richard grow a foot?

     After these two enlightening revelations, Richard realized he was an idiot. The robot was scowling at him, its steely grip extremely tight around his collar, and he felt like a kitten being picked up by the scruff by its abusive owner -- a horrible analogy, yes, but one similar. Richard could also guess he was about to get the lights knocked out of him by the way the robot reeled its free hand back, steam escaping its joints. 

     Once he got out of his initial shock, Richard started panicking. He literally just arrived today! He couldn't make enemies! Then again, he was pretty sure he made enemies with Dasher and Donner -- but hey! at least that had been his choice!

    Without thinking, Dick punched the screen of the robot before it could hit him first, which seemed to startle the robot. It moved its head back and blinked in surprise -- either from how strong Richard's punch was or how stupid Richard was. From the searing throbbing along Richard's knuckles, he hoped it was the first part.

     That moment didn't last long, though, for the robot immediately got over its shock and made a move to punch Richard back. Luckily, a new opponent entered the ring! Lucky for who? Richard hoped it was he who was lucky. He wasn't a very lucky person, though. He hoped his prison name wouldn't become something stupid like Unlucky Larry. His name wasn't even Larry!

     Richard wondered if he was mentally unsound if this was what he was focusing on when a deadly, seven-foot robot was about to turn his skull to mush.

     "Now, now, DDawn, that's no way to treat new friends!" came the new voice. Both Richard and the robot -- DDawn -- turned to see a six-foot, dark-furred pug. Yes, six feet tall! Richard wasn't sure if he was happy to be in prison anymore... Well, any more unhappy than he already was if there were ginormous pugs walking around.