𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞

JJ POV

I bounced my leg against the ground nervously as I sat in the tent next to Kiara and Pope as cops and FBI agents surrounded us. They were looking for my best friend and my girlfriend. The twins. John b and Y/n.

Ward Cameron has accused them both of killing the sheriff but in reality, it was his son Rafe Cameron who shot the sheriff, leading her to her death. John b and Y/n wouldn't lay a finger on anyone. However, the police thought differently.

Kiara, Pope, and I had all help them hide and then we used my dad's boat, The Phantom, to help them escape this shit whole and move down to Mexico. I hated the thought of being away from my girlfriend for months upon months but it was better than not seeing her for years cause she would be in prison.

So before she got on the boat to leave me, I told her that I loved her for the first time. It felt good to get it off my chest and when she told me she loved me too it about brought me to tears.

Well, anyways here I was now hoping my best friend and girlfriend were safely getting away but there was a huge storm coming our way which made me doubt while I waited to be questioned.

Unexpectedly, the sound of running motors and clicks filled the air making me look up to be blinded by the lighthouse above us. Shit, the power finally decided to come back on when John b was using the darkness to his advanced.

"No no no" I muttered as cops started rushing out of the tent to look out into the water.

"That's them!"

"Hurry! Get some boats out there!"

"No, leave them alone!" I shouted, standing from my spot and trying to push past the crowd of officers to see what was going on but I was jerked back by a tall FBI agent who pushed me back into my cold metal chair.

"Fuck, I should have gone with them" I shook my head, burying my face in my hands. "I know how to drive that boat! There's no way John b is gonna get through this storm with the cops up his ass"

"Hey, don't think like that" Kiara exclaimed, rubbing my shoulder blades gently. "They'll make it. They have to."

Suddenly the sound of people's voices from the tent beside us caught my attention.

"Any response?"

"They're not calling it off yet"

I buried my face into my hands again The storm was getting terrible out there. There no way my dad's boat was gonna hold in a storm like this. They weren't gonna give up. They weren't gonna turn around and surrender themselves to the cops. There was no way John b would do that. He would never put is girlfriend or his sister in that kind of situation.

With each second that passed and the police yelled over top of the sound of the rain beating down on the tents, my hopes began to slip away.

Suddenly, three figures came into the tent, wearing bright yellow jackets and rain boots. Once they pulled their hoods off, I realized it was Shoupe and two other cops I rarely knew.

I stood from my spot on the bench along with Kiara and Pope and we walked over to him. We were desperate for any kind of news.

"Well? Did you find them?" Pope asked, worry clear in his voice as I stood behind Kiara.

Shoupe looked at each of us with a sad expression, making me bit my lips with anticipation.

"No"