𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 : 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚒, 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙴𝙽 𝙼𝙲𝚁𝙰𝙴 - 𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙻𝙾𝙻𝙰 𝚆𝙰𝙽𝚃𝚂

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒖𝒍𝒆

𝒊'𝒎 𝒊𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍

𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏, 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒏."

MERCEDES WAS BORN WITH A GOLDEN SPOON IN HER MOUTH, her family descended from a long line of aristocrats who had been wealthy for many generations

MERCEDES WAS BORN WITH A GOLDEN SPOON IN HER MOUTH, her family descended from a long line of aristocrats who had been wealthy for many generations. Not until her father's gambling addiction had cost them half their fortune, and the best solution is to marry her off to another wealthy family—specifically, the youngest son of Don Hernando Zacarias, a Spanish diplomat.

Despite her family's wealth, she never enjoyed nor liked the lavish lifestyle her parents provided for her—it was too much to bear. Alfie had sent her a black beautiful and sophisticated dress, and it was a branded one at that. It was the fourth dress he had d given her since she began working for him as his secretary, and she hated it every time. But, she would feel worse if she declined the goodwill of her friend. 

A knock from her apartment's door snapped her out of trance, she draped her white fur shawl over her shoulder and rose up. As Mercy opened the door, she awkwardly cleared her throat and smiled at the man in front of her. Alfie stood in the doorway, looking fine in his black three-piece suit and his famous pork pie hat.

Alfie Solomons was taken aback, he stared at her for a few seconds—appreciating one of God's greatest creations. The Spanish mestiza took his breath away, he was suffocated with her beauty. 

"Well, don't ya look exquisite?" Alfie finally came to his senses and smirked, stroking his beard as he looked her in the eyes. "I look exquisite e'rday, Alfie," joked Mercy, turning her back on him—her black curls dancing as she moves, and picked her handbag up that was laying on the settee. 

She looked like someone who just stepped out of a painting, seeing her felt surreal for Alfie. How could someone such hold beauty like her? That night, she was indeed stunning, and he couldn't get his heart to stop pounding against his chest—as if it wanted to break free from its confinement.