Ch.9

I was awoken by movement, I could feel myself being adjusted in someone's arms, and a voice spoke up, I knew it was my principle straight away, I heard him tell the boys to keep me with them and not bother with me going to class, I was thankful that I didn't have to worry about looking at talking to people.

They began walking I guess heading to detention as they seem to have that more than lessons, I heard the boys yelling at people to fuck off and not come up to them, I guess people were trying to apologize or something, but really didn't care what so ever, the sound of a door opening and closing behind me, I knew I was in Kayden's arms and I felt safe, "Is she still asleep?" a males voice asked I figured it was Nathan due to the tone "Yeah, but let's leave her till she wakes on her own accord" Kayden speaks, I smile "I'm already awake" I state, a few curses fly through the room probably in shock that I was awake, "How long have you been awake?" Leon asks, turning my body I sit on Kayden's lap with my head on his shoulder "Since you stood up to walk out the door of the hall" they all nod, "I didn't want to see pity faces or sympathy from anyone" looking up at Kayden I sadly smile "Sorry for making you carry me" I whisper, he smiles down at me and tucks a piece of lose hair behind my ear "Its fine" his breath fans my face causing me to freeze, his eyes bore into mine, I swear I could feel his face getting to mine, but didn't find out since a very obvious cough interrupted us, pulling back I begin to get up, "Um, I'm just going to get a drink" Ryan stood up also "I'll get it for you" I turn to face him "No Ryan, I can get it, I'll just be a minute" with that said I headed out the door, thankfully class was in session and no one was out in the halls, closing the door I leaned against it, taking a deep breath just as I was about to leave to get my drink I heard the boys begin to speak.

The sound of Dylan's voice rings through my ears, "Dude, you like her" who are they talking to "No I don't" Kayden, who does he like "Yes you do and she likes you" he likes someone, a part of me sinks knowing that Kayden likes another girl "Yeah I agree, she's always sitting with you" Ryan says "More like on him" Jayce adds, wait are they on about me? They can't be, can they? "Admit it Kayden you like her" Nathan says in a teasing manner, there was silence for a few moments and I held my breath waiting for the answer, "Maybe I do" a grin breaks onto my face, not wanting to hear anymore I head to the fountain to grab some water.

Ten minutes I walk back into the room and all the boys are laughing and joking around, I don't even think they noticed me come in the room, walking past all the boys I sit down quietly next to Kayden.

Watching them laugh and smile brings a smile to my own face, each of them look calm like nothing is wrong in the world, but how wrong was I at that moment.

Spending the entire day in detention was not something is would have usually done in the past, but that was the past now I seem to live in here more than normal, we were currently on our way back to Ryan's place, and yet again I was sat on Kayden's lap, but this time I was blushing due to hearing the past conversation this morning, thankfully I don't think he noticed.

I was the first one to the door when we arrived, opening the door I stepped inside I step accidently on the post, picking them up I walk into the kitchen looking through the mail, I spot an envelope with my name on it but stop short when I notice the court stamp on it in the corner, the air around be began to thicken and I was finding it hard to breathe, the laughter of the boys walking through the door snapped me out of my state, grabbing the letter I place the rest on the counter, slowly I open the letter afraid of what it will say.

I could feel stares on me as I opened the letter, taking a deep breath I pull the letter out, carefully I read the letter, my breathing hitches, "Blake you okay?" Ryan questions I look up at the boys and feel tears form in my eyes, Ryan walks up to me and wraps his arms around me, I could feel him pulling the letter from my grasp but I didn't mind, I knew he had read it when his body tenses, "a court date has been set for next week for her uncle, she is needed there as she's the main witness" the atmosphere in the room changed dramatically after that was said, the tension could be cut with a knife it was unreal.