Coming Out

Transgender: people whose gender identity differs from their assigned gender (umbrella term)

I'm at peace, I think, the wind whipping my hair and the sun shining on my face. I'm on a road trip with my best friend.

Moon, my best friend, is sitting in the passenger seat, their feet on the dash. No matter how much I try to convince them it's not safe to sit like that, they do it anyhow saying, "my feet need to see too."

"Hey, Moon", I ask, heart skipping a beat. It was a split second decision, but I just decided to come out to them as transgender.

"Yeah", they reply, not taking their eyes off the book they're reading.

"I need to tell you something." My stomach is in knots even though I know Moon will accept me.

They put the book down, a crease forming between their eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, I just thought it'd be a good time to tell you I'm trans", I say.

It's silence for a moment while Moon takes in the new information. Suddenly, they crack aside smile, laughing.

"Do we get to go shopping", Moon asks.

The knot in my stomach releases. "Of course, Moon", I laugh.

They clap excitedly and wiggle in their seat. "Well, we'd better figure out your style then!"

End

I hope y'all enjoyed this story! And yes I'm aware not all non-binary people have names like the one in this story, I actually chose it from my list of names I want to name my kids in the future. Also, I tried to write this so you can put your own pronouns in and it'll still make sense! Stay hydrated and most importantly, STAY GAY

~H❤️