#2

The sun poured through my window, while Evelyn woke me up. She smiled and I yawned. 

"Come on, we're gonna be late for breakfast," She says, getting off my bed. I nodded and got out of bed. My uniform was laid on top of my dresser. The uniform was white, with a blue skirt and long white socks. I get dressed and put my hair in a half-up half-down hairstyle. My silky blue ribbon was tied around the ponytail. 

I put my shoes on, and run down the spiral stairs. "Finally, I've been waiting here for ages," Evelyn whispered while rolling her eyes. We both giggles and walked into the cafeteria. Hayley waves at us, so we head her way. 

"Everyone have a seat, today is going to be a normal day, just like every other day. We have 3 adoptions today, if you hear you're name, meet me at my office after breakfast. Bonne appetite!" Mrs. Wood announced while I smiled. "Skylar, Alexa, and William!" The smile was gone. Evelyn looked at me and held my hand. "It's okay, there's still tomorrow and after tomorrow. As long as we have each other, that's all that matters" My smile comes back and I start eating the oatmeal that was placed in front of me. 

"Not bad," Hayley added as she put another spoonful of oatmeal into her mouth. We nodded and continued eating. 

When the clock strikes 9 am, all the kids headed to their classrooms. I waved "Goodbye" to Hayley and entered the class. Evelyn sat next to me, like usual. 7th grade wasn't too difficult. I turn 14 on July 3rd, so I start 8th grade in August. Hopefully, I get adopted by the time I get into 8th grade.  

"Textbooks out, turn to page 76." The teacher announced. 2 hours later, we were done with English. As I was going up to my room, I see Skylar in the arms of her new parents. I tried controlling my tears and I ran upstairs. I laid down on my bed and cried into my pillow. 

"We're gonna be late for gardening, come on," Evelyn says from behind me. I wipe my tears off and then followed her down. As we arrived in the class, she hugged me and gave me a tissue. We started the gardening tasks, which were watering the plants and paint the pots. We had math class and then the school day was over. 

Let's just hope I find a family soon.