Chapter Ten

1

        Alice squeezed me hand and whispered, “Do not worry about it, Amy. My Mom already has set into motion a plan to put an end to this town’s corruption.”

        “In fact,” Alice’s Mom said under a breath, “I believe it is commencing as we speak.”

        My eyes grew round. “What?”

        “The F.B.I. are descending on this shit hole,” Alice smiled.

        Now at that moment a surge of warmth spread so fast throughout my body I thought I had pissed myself. Most people often use the phrase, “I wish I was a mouse in a corner…” But I really did wish I was a mouse in the corner to witness social services and the police department under siege. That would tickle my tits pink. But that still left Jessie. What would become of that prick?

        “I can’t ever go home again,” I blurted and then realized it wasn’t much of a home to begin with.

        “My Mom said you can crash with us,” Alice said.

        My younger sister would always make references to that movie Titanic. Jack and Rose knew each other for merely a few days and they bang in the back of some old car. Now I am no Jack and Alice is no Rose, but I do believe love can happen in short time and bring two people together because in all actuality love plays by no rules. Love has no concept of time. Love does not see in color because it is color blind. Just like love does not say love is for a man and woman only. Love is love and it can be shared and expressed in many different ways and styles.

        But as usual I was not sure if this was my happy ending because in my experience of things happiness was always just beyond my grasp.

     2

        Tendrils of smoke curled upward toward florescent lights. As the cigarette nestled between two fine grooves in a metallic ashtray a man sits at a table. In his hand gleams a pistol. It’s cool blue steel smiles at him and whispers what he wants to hear. He sits not alone. At his feet and in a pool of its own blood lies a dog. He had to punish something. He had to teach life that he was beyond a woman’s humiliation. But there was just one he would like to pay. Only one crossed him time and time again and it was now or never. Tonight he would raise hell to find her and once and for all teach her he was in charge.

        Freedom was not hers to be had. She could never believe herself a mere shit load no one ever wanted. She had to believe in herself and make herself almost queen like in nature, but she was so stupid because women never amounted to anything. Women were built for men and men had authority over them. That was how it was always supposed to be.

        He turned to consult the clock. That stupid bitch wasn’t going to come home. This boiled the venom in his veins. She needed to be put her place, but no matter. Sooner or later he would find her and when he did… He pulled the hammer back on the pistol and took aim at Mr. Kitty as she walked across the room.

        From outside a gunshot sounds.

     3

        Jessie was like a hunter always in search for prey; only in this case there were no rules to follow. He played by his own set. I sat up. The blanket draped across me fell into my lap. I felt like a hollow shell. My hands curled into balls. Her arm curled around my stomach. I looked down. Her touch was gentle and almost unreal. I never thought in a million years she would want to touch me or even let me touch her.

        “What are you thinking about?” Alice whispered.

        Alone in her bedroom we lay beneath the blankets. I shifted to see her silhouette in the moonlight as it poured through the window and believed this was the best looking girl I have ever seen. All thoughts were driven from my mind once her lips touched mine. I slipped my fingers inside her wet, hot center. I loved the way she felt, the tightness of her and the eagerness for me to thrust while she caressed my shoulders and back.