𝐀 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩

Requested by: @Tilly_maybanks

JJ had proposed to me over two years ago. It was the happiest day of my life. We didn't have much. The ring he got me wasn't expensive or made of diamonds but that didn't matter. I was in love with him. I didn't know what I would do without him.  About a year after being engaged with got married. Again it wasn't much but it was still perfect.

Our wedding was at the beach cause both of us had dreamed of getting married right on the shoreline. I wore a beautiful white lace wedding dress that Sarah and Kiara had helped me afford. It was absolutely stunning and JJ actually wore a tuxedo for the first and only time in his life. Neither of us wore shoes cause as we stood under the arbor the ocean water would crash against our feet gently. There weren't many people there considering we were pogues and didn't have good parents or family. So it was just our friends.

Our honeymoon was amazing the best. We had saved up a ton of money and the pogues had even saved up some for us too. We ended up going to a beach house down in Florida. It was fun. We did the dirty almost every night. We used protection so it's okay. That was unneeded information but anyways we had a blast.

And now we had been married for a year, had our own house and successful jobs. JJ worked as a mechanic and I ran my own boutique shop down the road not too far away from where we lived.

We didn't have to worry about where our next meal came from now. We had a decent amount of money instead of like when we were kids and had to scrape up the little we had to just get us through the day.

I laid on JJ's chest, my legs tangled up with his as he held me securely against him as he watched a football game on TV.

I wiggled around so I was able to snake my arms firmly around the back of his neck. He kissed my forehead, his eyes still connected with the TV screen as he combed my hair with his hands.

I started thinking about the life ahead of us. We still had many many many years together until we were old. I started thinking about all the things I would love to do with my other half. Suddenly one idea popped into my head.

Kids.

JJ had always been good with kids. He adored them. He loved being silly around them and making them laugh. He absolutely loved little baby giggles.

One time we had gone to the park on a date and there was a bunch of little kids there. He insisted he played with them on the playground. So of course I couldn't say no, even though the signs said that no one older than 12 was allowed on the equipment but JJ couldn't help himself. He was climbing on the monkey bars, showing off to all the little kids who couldn't do it, he was pushing some of them on the swings and he even went down the slides. Let's just say it was a tight fit and he got stuck several times.

It was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen and I would love for him to do the same with kids of our own. But having a baby would be a big step for us. It would cost more money, lots of care, and everything a baby would need. Plus I didn't know how JJ felt about having a kid. When he was growing up he was abused by his father. I knew he would never let a child go through what he went through which made me feel better about it. He would be a protective father.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, making JJ looking away from the TV screen and down to me. I felt his eyes burning in my head so I looked up at him.

"Everything alright?" He questioned, his blue eyes glancing back up at the TV before looking back down at me again.

"Yeah, I was just thinking" I smiled softly, closing my eyelids.

"About what?" JJ asked, running his hands down my back before grabbing the hem of my shirt and running his hands up my bare skin. I hummed at the cold touch of his rings.

"Having a baby" I muttered, making him sit up, pushing me into a sitting position. He scanned my face making sure I was being serious before grabbing the remote and turning off the TV. It was important now.

"You want a baby?" He implored with raised eyebrows.

"I mean kinda" I shrugged, picking at my fingers cause I was nervous about what he might say.

"Like, right now?"

"Not like right now right now but soon. We've been married for over a year, Jay. We need some spice" I explained, leaning forward rubbing his shoulders, trying to ease the situation cause I could tell he was tense about it.

"Oh, I'll give you spice" he chuckled, leaning forward and pressing his lips firmly onto mine. He pushed me down onto the bed, making me giggle again his lips as he hovered over me kissing me roughly. Our tongues immediately touched, snaking around each other and exploring each other's mouths.

I pushed JJ away, keeping my hands on his chest as his forehead rested against mine and we stared at each other.

"But seriously, JJ, I want a baby" I spoke up, confirming what I said earlier.

"I dunno" He uttered, sitting up allowing me to escape from underneath him.

"Whats wrong?"

"I'm not ready to be a father, Y/n.
What if I end up like my dad? I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't want my own child going through what I did. Or what if I lose you? Fuck, I don't want to end up a druggie and an alcoholic" JJ explained with worried eyes as his lip began to tremble like he was about to cry.

"JJ, you would never hurt anyone! Especially an innocent baby. I know you too well babe. You will never end up like your dad okay? And you'll never lose me baby. You're stuck with me and there nothing you can do" I assured him, holding his face in my hands before pulling his head down and moving his blonde locks so I could peck his forehead with a small kiss.

"How can you be for sure, though?" He asked in a soft-sounding voice.

"Cause I know you better than I know myself" I grinned, tapping his nose.

He sighed before the corners of his mouth pulled into a small smile. "Are you sure you wanna make a baby? That's a big step"

I nodded my head with the same smile he had on my face.

"Then we better get a head start" he laughed pushing me down into the bed making me squeal before he attacked my neck with love bites.

A/n:

I just wanted to say.....

THANK YOU ALL SOOO FREAKING MUCH FOR 92.8K VIEWS AND 1.06K LIKES.

I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! PLEASE KEEP UP WHAT YOU ARE DOING BY VOTING, SHARING WITH OTHERS, OR SIMPLY JUST READING. THANK YOU ALL!!

(Sorry all caps made that a little aggressive)

Kinda edited
Word count: 1251